Welcome To aBlackWeb

Has A Co-Worker Ever Attempted / Succeeded At Getting U Fired?

Yeah. Section lead/coworker.

Didn't go as planned tho. Still here workin' and see him every day. Had a meeting and he tried to pull my card on me lacking, no need to get revenge since I pulled out his card in front of the manager. Folks in the office started chuckling and ever since then, I ain't have no problems outta him. And I ain't that much of a trouble maker either.

Got pretty ratchet.

One was successful at not letting me get re-hired. But he was fired shortly after and they told me to come back. I was like naw... Where there's one.... There's many

Yes.

Told his dumb ass I was going to the football game at our highschool and I told him I told the boss I had to do after school studies with a tutor as an excuse.

I never been worked so hard when I went to work the next day and at 11pm when I was clocking out my boss told me he knew I was at a football game and that I lied to him about about being tutored and that my coworker told him the truth. Basically said get the fuck off his golf range. Lol

The pull up was mandatory that next day on my coworker but looking back I shouldnt of fought him over it but I was mad asf like got damn you couldnt just shut the fuck up but looking back it was my own fault.

Yes.

Told his dumb ass I was going to the football game at our highschool and I told him I told the boss I had to do after school studies with a tutor as an excuse.

I never been worked so hard when I went to work the next day and at 11pm when I was clocking out my boss told me he knew I was at a football game and that I lied to him about about being tutored and that my coworker told him the truth. Basically said get the fuck off his golf range. Lol

The pull up was mandatory that next day on my coworker but looking back I shouldnt of fought him over it but I was mad asf like got damn you couldnt just shut the fuck up but looking back it was my own fault.

Yeah that was your fault.

You talk too fuckin much, which is a common thread with people getting to comfortable with folks at work.

Fuck them people. They are NOT your friends.

I'll write it out later.

Aiight, so when I was working in engineering I got bounced from one project to the next, which is pretty standard. I got put on a project where this white boy was supposed to be the lead. Takes me around and introduces me to the division head and he's like there's a shitton of work to be done and I came highly recommended, so he's happy I was there. Me and the lead I'm working under get to talking that first day and he's like he's trying to get his own contracting empire going in there and he's got resumes with the director of the division, etc.

"cool, whatever" <- my thoughts. I ain't give a fuck 'cause I'm an employee and he's a contractor, but somehow he's let it slip that he's seeing the money on our books, which definitely shouldn't be happening but whatever. I'm only there until I'm done then I'm gonna land on another project.

So, he has me architect a proposal for some shit and he liked what I did for my last project and says he wants that. I do it and he presents it to some military brass and the shit falls flat, which ain't my fault, it was the fact that he really didn't understand what he was presenting. Unknown to me, he blamed that shit 100% on me trying to say I gave it to him at the last minute and didn't get him up to speed on it. The truth is I got it to him a week early and he claimed he could take it from there. So after that I ask hime what he wants me to work on and he's like he'll let me know. It just so happens that this Mexican cat I had worked with on another project was now a lead on some other shit and he sat a few cubes away from me, so we got to choppin' it up and he brought up my lead on some "watch your back" shit.

A week goes by and I ask dude if he has something for me and he's like "not yet". Another week and it's the same thing. I chck with the Mexican cat if he has anything and he's like yeah, so I start working under him for a bit. One day HR chick calls me up and asks me to come to her office. I get there and MY director was there. They grillin' me talmbout the director I was under was pissed and wants me gone from his division, never to return, and alladat. I plead my case but they kinda had me on one point: Instead of gettin' up to go talk to the director about not having work to do I just sat off. Ok, got me there, but still...

I end up with a ding on my record and HR tells me I'm on thin ice and that I should have been walked up outta there. I go to her the next day and ask if we can talk, just us without either director, so I can lay out my case to her. We walked around the facility for 2 hours just talking, and to help my case, I hit up the Mexican cat and had him tell her everything he had seen and had heard. We parted ways and she said she would look into everything about dude.

A week later I get a call from HR to come talk to her. I get down there and my director is in her office. I'm mentally preparing for some bullshit to pop off and she comes at me like "I did talk to some of the employees in that division that had direct dealings with him and you were right about him". My director apologized for coming at me the way he did and HR chick told me that, effective immediately, my record would be wiped clean. A few days later the Mexican cat called me up and told me that ole boy got walked up out. Apparently the way he was seeing our money was borderline criminal plus I was far from the first dude he tried to get fired: He had successfully gotten 3 other employees fired using similar shit.

Yes.

Did you win?

Aiight, so when I was working in engineering I got bounced from one project to the next, which is pretty standard. I got put on a project where this white boy was supposed to be the lead. Takes me around and introduces me to the division head and he's like there's a shitton of work to be done and I came highly recommended, so he's happy I was there. Me and the lead I'm working under get to talking that first day and he's like he's trying to get his own contracting empire going in there and he's got resumes with the director of the division, etc.

"cool, whatever" <- my thoughts. I ain't give a fuck 'cause I'm an employee and he's a contractor, but somehow he's let it slip that he's seeing the money on our books, which definitely shouldn't be happening but whatever. I'm only there until I'm done then I'm gonna land on another project.

So, he has me architect a proposal for some shit and he liked what I did for my last project and says he wants that. I do it and he presents it to some military brass and the shit falls flat, which ain't my fault, it was the fact that he really didn't understand what he was presenting. Unknown to me, he blamed that shit 100% on me trying to say I gave it to him at the last minute and didn't get him up to speed on it. The truth is I got it to him a week early and he claimed he could take it from there. So after that I ask hime what he wants me to work on and he's like he'll let me know. It just so happens that this Mexican cat I had worked with on another project was now a lead on some other shit and he sat a few cubes away from me, so we got to choppin' it up and he brought up my lead on some "watch your back" shit.

A week goes by and I ask dude if he has something for me and he's like "not yet". Another week and it's the same thing. I chck with the Mexican cat if he has anything and he's like yeah, so I start working under him for a bit. One day HR chick calls me up and asks me to come to her office. I get there and MY director was there. They grillin' me talmbout the director I was under was pissed and wants me gone from his division, never to return, and alladat. I plead my case but they kinda had me on one point: Instead of gettin' up to go talk to the director about not having work to do I just sat off. Ok, got me there, but still...

I end up with a ding on my record and HR tells me I'm on thin ice and that I should have been walked up outta there. I go to her the next day and ask if we can talk, just us without either director, so I can lay out my case to her. We walked around the facility for 2 hours just talking, and to help my case, I hit up the Mexican cat and had him tell her everything he had seen and had heard. We parted ways and she said she would look into everything about dude.

A week later I get a call from HR to come talk to her. I get down there and my director is in her office. I'm mentally preparing for some bullshit to pop off and she comes at me like "I did talk to some of the employees in that division that had direct dealings with him and you were right about him". My director apologized for coming at me the way he did and HR chick told me that, effective immediately, my record would be wiped clean. A few days later the Mexican cat called me up and told me that ole boy got walked up out. Apparently the way he was seeing our money was borderline criminal plus I was far from the first dude he tried to get fired: He had successfully gotten 3 other employees fired using similar shit.

Haha.

Oh, I know bout working w/ that type of brass. If you work w/ military brass, there's prolly a GS nearby and maybe even contractors/civilians. Gotta watch your back for certain, cause when that brass want answers, they want answers. Especially when something goes wrong. Dat's why I always always always send emails/Teams messages. If dude was tellin' me he ain't have no work, I would've had them emails to show HR.

Dat money on the books seems like some felony shyt. I wonder if your company pursued that? I've literally seen coworkers get fired for that.

"Architect a proposal". Hmmm. Ya'll use some specialized or licensed software for them proposals? This sounds like another building next to mine.

Man please, I got bout 30+ dings on my record and been in front of HR damn near behind all of them dings explaining where and who dropped the ball. I ain't lying either. Thing is, they quick to ding me and my section because they see us doing the work. Problem is, it's literally other departments above us that we gotta work with/for, email, call, wait on, report to, while doing the tasks etc... So when I get these dings, the head GS (above my manager) don't even call or come to the building yelling, crying, and screaming. He just politely ask "what happened"? I'll give him the rundown of Teams messages, Emails, and other documents showing him the real deal. The last ding was cause this civilian said we didn't do an installation when headquarters assigned me the task, which was true. They assigned me as the lead tech. Civilian dude went to the GS crying and complaining about our section ain't help with the installation and now he bout to catch a write up. Thing is HQ assigned us the task, made me the lead and then took it back the same day w/o notifying anyone, then closed the task like it was satisfactory. I was the point of contact and go-to guy for the task so this is how my name gets thrown around a lot and the GS dude had to call HQ and figure out wth happened and how they f*'n up. This happens regularly!

I been on this site for bout 12 years now and prolly racked up bout 50 dings to be honest. Thing is when you leave a digital trace, that helps you in the long run. Dats how I survived here so long. Out of all them dings, I can count 6 times I dropped he ball and it was all on me. Now the ones before me had dings for stuff they ain't have excuses for. Like showing up to work high and drunk. Come to find out, they was on crack. Car wrecks, making child p*rn, espionage, bomb scares, sending nasty grams, making rap videos on the installation, sexually assaulting some of the cleaners (which was not a fine one btw, she looked like someone's grandmother), etc....

I'm interested in more stories now.

Attempted, yes, but it pretty much backfired after he was almost successful.

I'll write it out later.

Is this the one where dude started acting funny when he found out you didn't have a degree?

I remember a while back you talked about him acting like he was cool with you..........and then found out from your co-workers that he hated you because he was mad that you were getting paid the same or more than him without having a degree.

Is this the one where dude started acting funny when he found out you didn't have a degree?

I remember a while back you talked about him acting like he was cool with you..........and then found out from your co-workers that he hated you because he was mad that you were getting paid the same or more than him without having a degree.

You talmbout Mike's hoe ass. Nah, this is a whole different cat. Mike was a pure hater and he did get me in trouble, but this cat (who's name I simply can't remember) was an actual engineer; Mike was just IT.

Yeah

Was on a call with my wife and my boss called me. Somehow the calls got merged so when I thought I was talking to my wife I was going off about the bs going on at the job, how my boss be moving, etc

Boss filed a HR report saying I called her a bitch and some other shit

They let me go the next week

Back