Welcome To aBlackWeb

Haitian Immigrants Are 44% Of ICE Detainees

The immigration problem has long been presented as mainly targeting Central Americans but I came across this the other day and it's crazy. Have even seen some Black folks on various platforms saying it's not a "Black" problem to deal with...Do you think this will change how some view the immigration issue?

"From January to March this year, 29% of families detained at the Karnes County Residential Center were Haitian, according to tracking by RAICES. But as the COVID-19 pandemic progressed and some families were released by ICE, the share of Haitian families in detention increased to an alarming 44% of the total. In fact, the U.S. has consistently detained more Haitian families in 2020 than any other nationality."

This doesnt really shock me. I'm from south florida and as a kid, i noticed the unfair treatment of Haitian immigrants down here. They'd label Cubans as victims we need to help and Haitians as burdens that need to be sent back to where they come from. They have this attitude that its their own fault their country is shit and we have nothing to do with it.

Where they getting 44% from? Is that Florida numbers?

It’s hella Latinos getting scooped out here in Texas and Cali

So you go to act like Black Americans didn't fight for the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965,ok.

didn’t say we didn’t. You gotta relax I’m African American bro. It was just a shot at the Foundational Black American clique. I’m sure it’s plenty of us against ICE out here.

All you do is advertise how ignorant you are. You love showing off how much you don't know. There's no reason for a slowpoke like you to take shots at anybody let alone a movement that is beneficial to YOU and yours. Dummy. You're not even bright enough to articulate a reason why you correlate fba with this story anyway.

Nigga you have permanent residence on the wrong side of any argument, leave the trolling to Race

You’re being a distraction go get back on topic sis

You two niggas do this in far too many threads. Either meet up and fight that shit out in real life, which neither will do, or shut up and actually talk about the topic at hand. It's been run its course

You two niggas do this in far too many threads. Either meet up and fight that shit out in real life, which neither will do, or shut up and actually talk about the topic at hand. It's been run its course

y’all already know my stance tho. Haitians are probably being treated unfairly most rational people don’t think illegal immigrants need to be detained just because of immigration.

Back