Welcome To aBlackWeb

Hair Dye

Golden

Administrator
I been goin back n forth bout caramel highlights for yrs but I know if I go that light my shit will be covered in split ends.

N if I go darker, it might not be enough of a difference to be worth the damage its gon inevitably cause.

But I'm bored y'all. Something's gotta give. hit me with ur recommended dye brands or deep conditioners

maxresdefault.jpg

I don't think you should go too light

Like you said it really damages your hair.

Do you want a permanent or a rinse?
whichever gets the job done! I'd love a chocolate color but last time i did it u cld only see the difference in the sun so the damage was for nothing. then again, I had light highlights 10+yrs ago n the breakage was real chile

140225170817-michelle-obama-0225-story-top.jpg

maybe this but a couple shades darker than this wldnt kill it?

If your hair is already really fragile or damaged, I wouldn't stress it out even more. Sometimes you just have to wait til the damage parts grow out, then end up cutting it off :(. If you're still looking to go ahead with the risk, id suggest semi permanent dye. Research Henna dyes. They are nonchemical and well known for achieving dark colored looks.

Do you do protein treatments?

If your hair is already really fragile or damaged, I wouldn't stress it out even more. Sometimes you just have to wait til the damage parts grow out, then end up cutting it off :(. If you're still looking to go ahead with the risk, id suggest semi permanent dye. Research Henna dyes. They are nonchemical and well known for achieving dark colored looks.

Do you do protein treatments?
sad thing is my hairs virgin hair with henna on top b. i used heat 1x in the past 7 yrs. i just hit the dryness lotto lol

I use henna for my protein treatments but my hair is super dark so it is subtle. I'm thinking of maybe lightening it just a little then putting conditioner diluted henna on top but ion want it to be orange.

this is the goal

That sucks, like fr sucks.

All it takes is ONE time to get heat damage ugh.

There is a dye made for darker heads who want to achieve something in the red family...I forgot the name of the brand, but I know Sally's sells it.

I use Manic Panic. It's chemicalfree and semi-perm. Although they are known for vibrant colors, they might have the color you're looking for.

Tbh, it seems like the only way to go is to lift your color, then dye it.

Maintaining moisture is more difficult once you bleach or lift mane. I don't want you to end up damaging it. DIYs can be tragic, but I still dive right in.

Might have to find you a styler who specializes in color and natural hair.

I have a problem concerning hair dye as well, excuse the tired face, but you can see my hair is three-toned in the pic. My roots are dark, then it's lighter, then it's slightly darker at the bottom. This happened cause when I removed the black hair dye from my hair I went too far up and lightened part of my roots. So I've since had a blonde ring around the top of my head. Not blonde blonde just obviously lighter than the bottom. If I want my hair a solid color again, how do I achieve this? Is it even possible to do?
IMG_20170304_121551.jpg

Back