Welcome To aBlackWeb

Goldman Sachs-backed firms buy entire Florida community for $45 million

DOS_patos

Unverified Legion of Trill member
Wall Street investors are capitalizing on the current housing crisis by investing in rental properties in Florida.

As WESH reports, one of the latest deals involves Cypress Bay, a community of 87 single-family rental homes at the very southern edge of Brevard County in Palm Bay, Florida.

Two investment funds have purchased the community of homes for $45 million. The funds are the Growth eREIT VII fund and the Fundrise Interval Fund, which were financially backed by New York-based investment bank Goldman Sachs Group Inc.

Dr. Lawrence Yun, the Chief Economist of the National Associate of Realtors, says the move is relatively new for Wall Street.

“The degree of large Wall Street money coming in fairly new. I think this is due to the unique circumstance of housing shortage,” Yun said. “Wall Street is able to generate money, private equity, hedge funds and others to say let’s go chase the rising rents and putting money into rental property development.”

“Investors come in and of course invest. Property just goes off the roof, which marginalizes a whole lot of people who just can’t afford it. Especially those in Brevard County who make less than $46,000 a year,” Bishop Merton L. Clark of Truth Revealed International Ministries told WESH.

Wall Street investors are capitalizing on the current housing crisis by investing in rental properties in Florida.

As WESH reports, one of the latest deals involves Cypress Bay, a community of 87 single-family rental homes at the very southern edge of Brevard County in Palm Bay, Florida.

Two investment funds have purchased the community of homes for $45 million. The funds are the Growth eREIT VII fund and the Fundrise Interval Fund, which were financially backed by New York-based investment bank Goldman Sachs Group Inc.

Dr. Lawrence Yun, the Chief Economist of the National Associate of Realtors, says the move is relatively new for Wall Street.

“The degree of large Wall Street money coming in fairly new. I think this is due to the unique circumstance of housing shortage,” Yun said. “Wall Street is able to generate money, private equity, hedge funds and others to say let’s go chase the rising rents and putting money into rental property development.”

“Investors come in and of course invest. Property just goes off the roof, which marginalizes a whole lot of people who just can’t afford it. Especially those in Brevard County who make less than $46,000 a year,” Bishop Merton L. Clark of Truth Revealed International Ministries told WESH.
There should be more limits and controls on this cause the average buyer or renter will get priced out... but I don't see that happening cause....Merica

There should be more limits and controls on this cause the average buyer or renter will get priced out... but I don't see that happening cause....Merica
Ehhhh
I respectfully don’t agree..
It’s take or get took

Ehhhh
I respectfully don’t agree..
It’s take or get took

Edgy. Sounds like some shit I'd say when I was 16.

I'm pretty keen on civilization not completely breaking down. Pricing the bottom rung of society out of housing is the quickest way to end an empire via revolt.

At that point it actually does become take or get took. Just not the way rugged individualists would want.

Last edited:
Oh goody…

slum lords with enough money to have your court case take forever to get tried…

yeah what could possibly go wrong?

class action lawsuits for everyone yaaaaaaaaay!!!

you get $135 and you get $135 and YOU get $135!!!

sorry bout the radon and asbestos tho.

Back