Welcome To aBlackWeb

Goldie's Pick of the Day: KRS One - Step Into A World

This was KRS's last dope album imo.

Granted I haven't heard all of the albums after this but he went indie after I Got Next.

Everybody says that you make more money on an independent label, but there's another way of looking at it.

A major label won't release an album unless it has a few radio singles and is an all around good album. People who make independent albums usually just record 10-15 songs, and release the album. The problem is there's no radio single, or another way to look at it is there's no quality control. A major label won't release an album unless it's good. Independent artists release albums that don't have a single to give to club DJs and radio execs.

At the end of the day I think an artist should sign to a major label at the beginning of his career to create a buzz. There's things that a major label can do that you can't do by yourself because you don't have the knowledge or connections. After a few albums you should have made a name for yourself, then you can go indie but 9 times out of 10 the album on a major label is better.

Back