Welcome To aBlackWeb

Golden Globes Nominations

Goldie

Kobe With The Pivot
Site Owner

i wonder if there will be a day when Tyler Perry tries to do something along the scale of the oscars and not feel like some BET awards that will start to rival this shit

Joker is easily one of the most overrated projects i've seen this year. I didnt say it was wack, but i didnt get many of the parallels people were describing about this film

Reactions: GNS
As per usual this shit is white as fuck. With all the excellent black films and shows that came out this year... yeah foh.. we need our own shit
the problem is we as a collective dont value our own shit so it wont hold the weight of hearing "oscar nominated, oscar winner" etc...

i mean, how in the hell did people allow the oscars to start holding so much weight when it came to which roles they decide to take and how much they command in salary become such a force

Has will smith ever won anything? and he was getting $20+Ms from hollywood at some point

As per usual this shit is white as fuck. With all the excellent black films and shows that came out this year... yeah foh.. we need our own shit
That's what the BET awards was suppose to be about but the stars don't care about that and show up to the white people awards

the problem is we as a collective dont value our own shit so it wont hold the weight of hearing "oscar nominated, oscar winner" etc...

i mean, how in the hell did people allow the oscars to start holding so much weight when it came to which roles they decide to take and how much they command in salary become such a force

Has will smith ever won anything? and he was getting $20+Ms from hollywood at some point

I mean we tried it but Source/Vibe/BET awards in early days were marred by controversy and fuckery at some points... that kinda shit takes off a bit of the "prestige" that these award shows are meant to be about.

Couple that with "our" stars not showing up to our events... takes the shine/respect off

That's what the BET awards was suppose to be about but the stars don't care about that and show up to the white people awards
when Bob Johnson sold BET, that took any well intentions off the table

I know there are still black people there in charge of stuff, but its no longer black owned from my understanding of him selling it to Viacom

sir shut up

“we dont value our own shit”

what are you even talking about?

sir shut up

“we dont value our own shit”

what are you even talking about?

well, good afternoon to you Race

nice of you to come down from mt. olympus to socialize with the common folk

it's actually quite simple. How many notable celebrities shun the BET awards but you see them at the grammy's or oscars?

How many people put "BET Award winner" on their resume when negotiating money for a role/song?

interesting perspective you've taken on this though

Back