Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Goat Storytelling Song Tournament (Rd1): Dance With The Devil vs Shakey Dog

Better Storytelling Song?

• Dance With The Devil (Immortal Technique)

• Shakey Dog (Ghostface)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Both those songs are a movie... but Shakey Dog is a movie I could watch without throwing up.

Dance with the Devil is like an M Knight Shamalan situation at best and that's not saying much. A song should be crafted to be played over and over throughout the years even if it's challenging in terms of subject matter. Immortal Technique got the shock value down but took it way too far.

As far as story telling, Shakey Dogs is messy. I get that it's Ghost but still, that counts for something. He's adding details that distort the the vision I'm trying to make as he raps; while I'm also trying to ignore that Ghost thinks it's ok that his words don't rhyme.

Dance With The Devil smoothly progresses to the nasty work at the end with no unnecessary details. It's long but, it's really about telling a vivid story instead of making a cool story telling song.

There is also several similar "crime stories" that will beat Shakey Dogs later because they are concise and just lyricaly superior to a level Ghost can't touch. Those songs should be competing with Dance With The Devil.

Damn I wasn't expecting him to have that many fans. I just nominated him and Flawless Real Talk because of their dark stories

Back