Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Goat Stand Up Special Tournament (Rd2): For What It’s Worth vs Pimp Chronicles

Better Comedy Special?

• For What It’s Worth

• Pimp Chronicles

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think most black folks didn’t fuck with Dave heavy until his show. That’s my opinion based off talking to folks about his stand ups before the show came out.

Of course, this information isn’t universal and only gathered from a small sample size
Yeah but what does that have to do with the white crowd Dave is performing in front of?

That’s the first time I’ve ever heard that. Imo it’s top 3

Chappelle specials:

Hbo half hour
Killing em softly
For what it’s worth
Age of spin
Deep in the heart of texas
Equanimity
Bird revelation
Sticks and stones
8:46
The closer

My top 5 in order:

Killing em softly
Sticks and stones
Hbo half hour
Bird revelation
Equanimity/closer

For What It’s Worth is still a good special but in hindsight it is one of the weaker ones. It definitely didn’t finish as good as it started. I still like it better than Pimp Chronicles tho.

I enjoyed both of these.

Pimp Chronicles is probably Katt's best work and my fav of his. I still hear a few people quote that shit today.

Killing Them Softly >>> For What It's Worth but it was still good.

If this was KTS vs PC I would've went KTS.

I think most black folks didn’t fuck with Dave heavy until his show. That’s my opinion based off talking to folks about his stand ups before the show came out.

Of course, this information isn’t universal and only gathered from a small sample size

For the most part Dave was a cornball in the 90's. "Token goofy nigga" in movies and his stand-up wasn't landing at all.

I told y'all, I wasn't fuckin with dude until Block Party, which my wife got for me as a present 'cause she knew I fucked with the musical acts on it, not with Dave. After I watched that, I checked out his show and was basically like "aiight, dude's kinda funny now".

For the most part Dave was a cornball in the 90's. "Token goofy nigga" in movies and his stand-up wasn't landing at all.

I told y'all, I wasn't fuckin with dude until Block Party, which my wife got for me as a present 'cause she knew I fucked with the musical acts on it, not with Dave. After I watched that, I checked out his show and was basically like "aiight, dude's kinda funny now".

Man, WTF was y'all 2 five years ago, when it was just me and Knock against the whole Dave brigade. 😆 🤣

Back