Kobe With The Pivot
Site Owner
screenshot_18-png.61730

vs

The Symphony

Quintessential posse cut.
Goat verses
Introduction to Masta Ace
Kool G Rap vs Kane (people still debate who had the best verse.)
Song so dope it has been covered again and again by other rappers.

Last edited:
This kinda hard.

I gotta kinda go with Rick.
He was solo from London making a mark in NYC.

Symphony is one of the best songs ever but the talent alone is not fair.

The symphony is cool, yall definitely over-rating df out of it tho.

The beat on Hey Young World>>>>>>>>>>

The content>>>>>>

The influence>>>>>>>

Just an overall better song

The symphony is cool, yall definitely over-rating df out of it tho.

The beat on Hey Young World>>>>>>>>>>

The content>>>>>>

The influence>>>>>>>

Just an overall better song

Marley Marl in 88 was like the best producer tho... Marley Marl is underrated when it comes to GOAT producers

No it wasn't fam. Cut it out. There were other posse cuts way before that shit.

What else you got?

There were posse jams before The Symphony but The Symphony raised the bar for all posse jams to come.

New Rap Language
Showdown
Krush Groove
Uptown's Kickin It

^^^Those were all posse jams, but they didn't follow the format of The Symphony.

The Symphony had each rapper spitting a verse and passing the mic to the next person. And then Kane slaughtered the beat at the end.

So it wasn't the first posse cut lol

What else u got? What is the influence?

explain the influence of the symphony

The song's signature melodic line, a sample of Otis Redding’s “Hard to Handle,” has surfaced on Snoop Dogg's "Ghetto Symphony", Nas and The Firm's "Affirmative Action (Remix)", Mos Def's "Habitat" and other songs. Meanwhile, Big Daddy Kane’s famous line, “Put a quarter in your ass 'cause you played yourself,” pops up as a looped sample on the Beastie Boys"Hey Fuck You". Along with earning the 49th spot in Rolling Stone’s “The 50 Greatest Hip-Hop Songs of All Time,”[1] “The Symphony” ranks fifteenth in Ego trip (magazine)’s list of rap’s best posse cuts.[4] Kool G. Rap's line "I'm on a rampage" is scratched into EPMD's "Rampage" which features LL Cool J. This song also influenced the 2009 title "Renaissance Rap" Q-Tip ft Busta Rhymes, Raekwon and Lil Wayne as you'll here Q-Tip repeat his own version of Marley Mal Intro and Ending.

Hey Young World is probably the 4th or 5th influential song in Ricks own career, let alone all of hip hop.

Children's Story, La Di Da Di, The Show influence>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>HYW

I hate that logic.

So let's say Hail Mary is pac's 9th most influential song , Big L's 1st most influential song is automatically more influential? lol

Try again fam and I'm mad you're copy and pasting from google

I hate that logic.

So let's say Hail Mary is pac's 9th most influential song , Big L's 1st most influential song is automatically more influential? lol

Try again fam and I'm mad you're copy and pasting from google

This doesn't work cuz I only used 1 artist(Rick) and his own songs to judge their influence.

Ocf Big L's most influential song wouldn't have more influence than Pac's 9th cuz L as an artist nor his music ever reached that level.

This doesn't work cuz I only used 1 artist(Rick) and his own songs to judge their influence.

Ocf Big L's most influential song wouldn't have more influence than Pac's 9th cuz L as an artist nor his music ever reached that level.

None of the artists on the symphony is on Ricks level in regards of impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back