• Hollow Da Don

• Tay Roc

Results are only viewable after voting.
1.Clips
2.Lux
3.Roc
4.Surf
5.Five is toss up between twork Nitty, Ars Geechi, Daylyt

Mook overrated af I don’t care about his battles and what he did in 2005 Mook ain’t been shit for a while.

In this order:

Tay Roc
Hitman Holla
Geechi Gotti
Rum Nitty
Loaded Lux

My top 5 favorite is an entirely different list though

Did they move the culture forward?

Hitman Holla - Arguably the most successful superstar of the big stage era, not including Wild N' Out. Guaranteed to net a million views. Hate him or love him, objectively he moved the culture forward in a major way.

Rum Nitty - The fan favorite during the modern era. One of the catalysts that made the small-room setting reemerge. From some of the most memorable punchlines to having some iconic battles on his resume. He pushed the culture forward.

Arsonal - A major competitor throughout the years, but I can't say he pushed the culture forward in a capacity worth mentioning.

JC - He should be right there with Nitty, but imo he dropped the ball too often. One of the most iconic battles with Chilla. His 2017 run had the culture talking. But nah, not top 5.

Loaded Lux - This one is hard honestly. Grey Hoodie era is still highly regarded as an all-time great. Lions Den and the battlers he pushed forward, but we can exclude this. Easily the most iconic round of all time vs Calico. All-time great battle with Hollow. After that it gets forgettable. Undecided here.

Dizaster - Personally never been a fan, but his resume is unique. Battle with Canibus, Cassidy's first return, battles like Oxxxymiron that transcends cultural barriers. Even without these battles his resume is respectable. Decent candidate, I'll come back to this one.

Geechi Gotti - Say what you want, but the amount of acclaim he's garnered in the short time span he did it in is impressive. Won COTY 3 times, the only to win it more than once. Has battled nearly all the top tiers and god tiers. Easily has a better resume than the majority of his peers that been doing it twice as long. He got it in my book.

Daylyt - Legendary in his own right, top 3 personal favorites, but I'd be lying if I said he ever actually pushed the culture forward. His career is blighted by his antics and now his inactivity.

Charlie Clips - Has one of the most legendary runs. A fully locked in Clips is almost unbeatable. But in retrospect, he's given us more mediocre years than decency. I can't list him as a top 5 GOAT in good faith.

Tsu Surf - Another of my top 3 personal favorites (lux, lyt, surf). If it wasn't for his long history of choking 3rds, he'd be hands down. But foh...

Murda Mook - He gets all the nostalgia points, and his recent run is respectable. But nah.

Nu Jerzey Twork - don't pmo

Aye Verb - His role in the Midwest movement is monumental. Also some of the most iconic battle rap moments / bars. His career is far too blemished in the grand scheme of things. I'm personally going with no.

DNA - He's consistently driven the speed limit his whole career, with a couple of highs. Not top 5 worthy to me.

Hollow Da Don - It was a point where the entire battle rap culture had Hollow & Lux as 1a & 1b either way. He fell off too hard. His recent run is respectable, but i'm thinking no.

Tay Roc - Undisputedly the GOAT of battle rap if we are talking about an entire career. He's had low moments, but never for long. Never been one of my favorites at all but objectively, he's personified battle rap for the last decade. Easy top 5.

Magic is in my personal top 5 and Brizz

But I tried to be objective. I've shitted on DNA more than anybody on here throughout the years, but he has a big fanbase. Same with Diz, Clips, etc.

Speaking of Clips, he had a dope 3 year run... that's it.

Back