Welcome To aBlackWeb

General Manager - Which Sport Is The Most Challenging To Turn A Really Sorry Team Into A Winner

Which Sport Is The Most Challenging To Turn A Really Sorry Team Into A Championship Winner?

• Major League Baseball

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • NBA

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • NFL

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • NHL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Soccer

• Other

• Total voters

313 Wayz

If you are a GM, which sport do you think would be the most difficult to turn a perennial losing team into a championship winning team and which sport is the easiest to turn a really sorry team into a winning team. Also, how long do you think it would take you to accomplish this.

NFL is the hardest - gotta get the right coach. Then you gotta draft and sign the right personnell to fit your philosophy

NBA is the easiest. Sign an elite player or two...you are at minimum a playoff team immediately... Get three and you competing for championships

Last edited:
Bron proved how easy it is to turn bums into champs with the Miami Thrice era.

The NFL is clearly the hardest solely due to the one-game playoffs. You could be STACKED and still go down in any round off a one mediocre game.

My first thought was the NFL. Then I thought about how many teams have gone from the bottom of their division to the top in a season or two.

The NBA's hierarchy is pretty stagnant. The list of teams to actually win titles in the last 30 years is pretty short.

This is a tough one. Good thread.

dont leave us in suspense fam

why?

In the nfl. A coaching staff can turn the same team that won 4 games and the next year they win 11 (LA Rams)

In the NBA it’s all about generational talent and they are harder to come across and if you do have one they most likely gon leave to go somewhere that’s already winning.

NFL, Cleveland Browns been trash for decades,since i was a kid. I don't ever remember them having a good season,even when they have a glimmer of hope like Josh Gordon

he destroys his own career SMH

My obvious answer was NFL. But then realized the NFL is set up for bad teams to succeed. Look at the NFC east. The same team has not won it back to back in a long time. You hit on the right QB, either in FA or the draft and it can be a quick fix. My answer is baseball bc ONE main player could NEVER make as drastic of a change as in the NBA or NFL. One Great pitcher in baseball will never make the impact that ONE great QB can. Same thing on Offense. Your best hitter only gets 4 attempts to impact the game and your best starting pitcher is on the bench for 4 games after he plays. Also the players that get drafted spend 2-4 years developing playing minor league ball, so you really have to hit on the draft and hope the dudes develop right for the nect 2-4 years

Back