Welcome To aBlackWeb

Friday Night Smackdown Thread: 5/31

I'm a just keep it a 100.

Outside the first 15 mins of Smackdown, this show was an overall joke. Too many segments/promos. The few matches we got were very short. Then to end with Kofi getting squashed in less than 10 secs to lose his title was a joke and then gets swept under the rug as an afterthought to start a Lesnar/Velasquez feud.

Not to mention.... 48 hrs away from a PPV with only 3 matches.

that shit was foul

killed my whole vibe

the Velsquaez shit was unexpected but damn I can't get over how that shit went down.

I'm a just keep it a 100.

Outside the first 15 mins of Smackdown, this show was an overall joke. Too many segments/promos. The few matches we got were very short. Then to end with Kofi getting squashed in less than 10 secs to lose his title was a joke and then gets swept under the rug as an afterthought to start a Lesnar/Velasquez feud.

Not to mention.... 48 hrs away from a PPV with only 3 matches.

This...this pretty much an accurate description. It was an ok show. Wasnt mind blowing.

That Kofi shyt gonna leave a bad taste in fans mouth. I just hope Big E gets a run at the title. And Xavier needs an IC belt run also.

I liked the new look/feeling of the show and thought it ran smoothly. Owens vs Shane was good. Was nice to see the Rock live for a change. I was distracted during Rollins vs Nakamura so i didnt see much of that. Velasquez showing up was a nice surprise since they said earlier today that they hit a snag in negotiations, it was a swerve i guess. Everything else was just regular SD type shit tho and I should of known that Lesnar wont about to really fight on TV, idk why I believed that shit. Hopefully they do some new shit with the draft to make it interesting next week idk.

& that Kofi shit still got me hot

Little Big Roy quote.jpg

I'm sorry, but these new cats just don't have the same star power as the legends from back in the day.

Probably the main reason why they brought so many of the oldheads back to promote this.

Haven't watched wrestling in about 20 years, but I had a feeling something like that was gonna happen with Kofi.

View attachment 175749

I'm sorry, but these new cats just don't have the same star power as the legends from back in the day.

Probably the main reason why they brought so many of the oldheads back to promote this.

Haven't watched wrestling in about 20 years, but I had a feeling something like that was gonna happen with Kofi.

You really expect any of these current guys to be big stars like Rock, Austin, and maybe Cena? Lmao

This...this pretty much an accurate description. It was an ok show. Wasnt mind blowing.

That Kofi shyt gonna leave a bad taste in fans mouth. I just hope Big E gets a run at the title. And Xavier needs an IC belt run also.

Yeah that Kofi shit left a real bad taste in mine. We all knew Kofi's run was gone end sooner or later but to do it in the fashion it was done in not good.

I'm a keep watching just to see if they are going to stick with the brand extension and not bullshit with it like they did after WrestleMania.

View attachment 175749

Probably the main reason why they brought so many of them back to promote this.

They got people who can be stars they just play favorites a lot so its mostly the same guys in the big title picture every year. A lot of them they scared to take a chance on which i dont understand. With them being such a big company they always gonna be criticized so if i were them I'd just take my chances on pushing newer stars because no matter what they do they aint ever gonna be able to make everybody happy

Yeah that Kofi shit left a real bad taste in mine. We all knew Kofi's run was gone end sooner or later but to do it in the fashion it was done in not good.

I'm a keep watching just to see if they are going to stick with the brand extension and not bullshit with it like they did after WrestleMania.

With all that money Fox and USA paying, they most likely gonna have a strict brand extension. Right?

Back