Welcome To aBlackWeb

Friday Night Smackdown Thread - 5/3

He beat part time washed up Cena, he beat part time washed up Edge. He beat Bryan who had checked out looking to leave the company. Too many of his matches end in interferences. Dude has not one classic match on his resume during this run. Nothing about the last year plus is historic, he's just been the best on a very bad roster

They should of slid AJ to Smackdown and had them go at it because their matches were great and chemistry was on point and haven't had a match or feud since AJ debut first 3 months.

But they rather stick him with Omos who legit will be gone with in 2 yrs for their next big man they find who is better. #FREEAJ

I think going to Brock this early means they might actually have Rock in the bag.

Roman is so well positioned that anything he does is gonna have interest, getting dance partners isnt as hard as people make it seem. He brings people up to his level, he did with Jey, KO, Cesaro, Rey/Dom, Finn.

He can work AJ, Seth, Drew, Big E, Kofi, Goldberg, Randy, Jeff, Jimmy & Jey, Priest, all of those could be compelling and that's a year worth of defenses right there. The real key is to build compelling stories which Roman & Paul E have proven capable of doing.

Roman's run is the equivalent of Diesel's 94/95 run when Bret was on a break and they kept Shawn away from him

Well around 94-95 they had put Bret on a break he dominated the entire year as champ and really tbh, few months before he won at WM X Bret was carrying the company w/the Owen storyline & co-winning the Rumble in a way b/c Yoko's run at top was beginning to flame out.

By '95 they had to give somebody else a run besides Bret or Yoko. Shawn wasn't ready just yet.

I think going to Brock this early means they might actually have Rock in the bag.

Roman is so well positioned that anything he does is gonna have interest, getting dance partners isnt as hard as people make it seem. He brings people up to his level, he did with Jey, KO, Cesaro, Rey/Dom, Finn.

He can work AJ, Seth, Drew, Big E, Kofi, Goldberg, Randy, Jeff, Jimmy & Jey, Priest, all of those could be compelling and that's a year worth of defenses right there. The real key is to build compelling stories which Roman & Paul E have proven capable of doing.

Personally, I would have liked to seen Priest get drafted to SD and be the guy to finally put down the tribal chief. If they bring in Rock I think we all know Roman ain't dropping the belt. Rock is there for hype.

Personally, I would have liked to seen Priest get drafted to SD and be the guy to finally put down the tribal chief. If they bring in Rock I think we all know Roman ain't dropping the belt. Rock is there for hype.
Hype sells Mania tho...we all know whatsup. And it should be that way if the story makes sense.

I'd honestly have Roman defeat Rock and get that huge W to complete the Samoan passing of the torch in the family then the night after Mania on Raw with their super hyped crowd have whoever that young talent is going to be beat Roman who thinks he has it all now and at the top of the world get beat for the belt to set the tone for the next year.

Last edited:

Exactly.

Also man I called it whenever they started raiding Smackdown during the draft.. Romans run for the foreseeable future is gonna be a cakewalk against guys like Ricochet, Jeff Hardy, Kofi, etc.. fan favorites who people know don't really stand a chance but they'll root for em anyways if the story being told is good. We already had him and Montez 1 on 1 and it was a good match. You throw a guy like him into a feud w/ Reigns and let him get his shit off on the mic/in the ring and people gonna eat it up even tho they know his chances of winning aint the best

They should of slid AJ to Smackdown and had them go at it because their matches were great and chemistry was on point and haven't had a match or feud since AJ debut first 3 months.

But they rather stick him with Omos who legit will be gone with in 2 yrs for their next big man they find who is better. #FREEAJ

Lol @ #FREEAJ as if his career is suffering being wit Omos.

AJ is already established. AJ is the type of talent where he can take a break from being in a major storyline, and it not effect his status. B/c you know when he is inserted back in that fold...he'll just pick up where he left off.

This is more about establishing Omos as dominant force in the WWE. Plus...Taker gave Omos one biggest cosigns to date. I think he said Omos is on the Path of being up there wit the Andre, Kane, and I think he included himself. Dominant big men in WWE. Taker still holds a lot weight in that company.

Like I said b4...the potential is there. Those couple of weeks where he was w/o AJ I think was test. See how he does solo. Also him dominating that battle royal i think is another sign. Let a muthafucca that size be a monster. Damn making him soft, or vulnerable to talent smaller than him. He SHOULD be a Goliath.

Lol @ #FREEAJ as if his career is suffering being wit Omos.

AJ is already established. AJ is the type of talent where he can take a break from being in a major storyline, and it not effect his status. B/c you know when he is inserted back in that fold...he'll just pick up where he left off.

This is more about establishing Omos as dominant force in the WWE. Plus...Taker gave Omos one biggest cosigns to date. I think he said Omos is on the Path of being up there wit the Andre, Kane, and I think he included himself. Dominant big men in WWE. Taker still holds a lot weight in that company.

Like I said b4...the potential is there. Those couple of weeks where he was w/o AJ I think was test. See how he does solo. Also him dominating that battle royal i think is another sign. Let a muthafucca that size be a monster. Damn making him soft, or vulnerable to talent smaller than him. He SHOULD be a Goliath.
Omos is trash in my honest opinion and Taker has said worse then that before but i feel you. But let's talk In 2 years I doubt Omos is around but with AJ I just feel that team has ran its course. Let's get back to either uplifting the upper mid card division or back into the main scene. It's been almost a year now with Omos and there is nothing really left there.

Last edited:
Taker aint the only one whos put him over in interviews. AJ has and i wanna say Mick Foley and 1 other person. I really dont see it with him but i wont be surprised at all if he gets a title reign

Taker aint the only one whos put him over in interviews. AJ has and i wanna say Mick Foley and 1 other person. I really dont see it with him but i wont be surprised at all if he gets a title reign
If Khali got a few title runs I'm sure Omos might skip with one but then again it took Braun forever and he had more potential and talented then both.

Omos is trash in my honest opinion and Taker has said worse then that before but i feel you. But let's talk In 2 years I doubt Omos is around but with AJ I just feel that team has ran its course. Let's get back to either uplifting the upper mid card division or back into the main scene. It's been almost a year now with Omos and there is nothing really left there.

Ummm ok...its been a year. And? Lol! W/n that year he's won his 1st tag team title. Had one of his biggest in-ring debuts on the biggest WWE stage. The crowd reaction he got when he got tagged in, and stepped over the ropes while staring at Woods...that was a WM moment. So what exactly are you expecting from him?

And yeah the team may be running it's course. Which is why you've seen him been on solo a few. Vince ain't lookin to uplift shyt. He's lookin for stand out super stars. And if Omos is gettin this much praise from HOF super stars...plus startin to get opportunities to shine on his own...then it's only a matter of time he gets put in that title contention picture.

I'm gonna take back that Roman and Diesel reigns are equal, Roman's is one step below Diesel's. At least Diesel got matches with Shawn and Bret in their primes where he got a clean win against Shawn at Wrestlemania. After that is where Diesel reign became trash putting the title on the line against the likes of Mabel, Bulldog, Bam Bam Bigelow, Sid and Jeff Jarrett.

Back