Welcome To aBlackWeb

Fostering children/or adopting...What are your thoughts?

devlyn

There are so many things to think on before bring a child in to your household regardless if by birth or fostering/adoption. But you have so much love to give.
Would this be something you would consider if you don't have any children of your own? No children not by choice, just by life. This is such a life decision,something you and your spouse /SO will have to agree on.
What are things you think would be somethings to discuss? No one is ever really prepared for children. You know regardless this is a financial commitment. I know there are so many children in the foster system of all ages. What age would you feel comfortable Fostering? Because not all are babies.

Would you be worried that you would fall in love with that child and the parent was able to get them back?
I know there are programs where you can foster to adopt only... but things happen.
What if you have a child who was so scarred mentally and physically by previous life...be it by a parent or previous foster home?

There are so many things to think on before bring a child in to your household regardless if by birth or fostering/adoption. But you have so much love to give.
Would this be something you would consider if you don't have any children of your own? No children not by choice, just by life. This is such a life decision,something you and your spouse /SO will have to agree on.
What are things you think would be somethings to discuss? No one is ever really prepared for children. You know regardless this is a financial commitment. I know there are so many children in the foster system of all ages. What age would you feel comfortable Fostering? Because not all are babies.

Would you be worried that you would fall in love with that child and the parent was able to get them back?
I know there are programs where you can foster to adopt only... but things happen.
What if you have a child who was so scarred mentally and physically by previous life...be it by a parent or previous foster home?

I'm okay with adoption. I'm not at all interested in bringing a child in to this world with anyone with how society is structured so adopting would be my only option to be a parent. I'm a single dude though so it's not actually an option.

Fostering is tough. I respect foster parents a ton, my father and my uncles were foster kids and they spoke highly of their foster parents. Those who foster, and do it with care, are amazing folk. I had a relative who was a foster parent and they'd sometimes show up, every once in a blue moon, with an emergency situation where they needed someone to care for a child that was taken out of a bad situation. I was over a few times when this happened and the kids would show up with bruises sometimes (they were white kids so the bruises stood out a lot). Still, they managed to smile and laugh as we let them play with the toys that was around. Fostering can be a challenge mentally when confronted with situations like that.

I'm okay with adoption. I'm not at all interested in bringing a child in to this world with anyone with how society is structured so adopting would be my only option to be a parent. I'm a single dude though so it's not actually an option.

Fostering is tough. I respect foster parents a ton, my father and my uncles were foster kids and they spoke highly of their foster parents. Those who foster, and do it with care, are amazing folk. I had a relative who was a foster parent and they'd sometimes show up, every once in a blue moon, with an emergency situation where they needed someone to care for a child that was taken out of a bad situation. I was over a few times when this happened and the kids would show up with bruises sometimes (they were white kids so the bruises stood out a lot). Still, they managed to smile and laugh as we let them play with the toys that was around. Fostering can be a challenge mentally when confronted with situations like that.
Actually I've known several people who was single. Actually foster and adopted that child. As a single person it is possible. I agree with you some foster parents are great and some are just in it for the money. People like that disgust Me. See kids that come in that emergency situation is very heartfelt all you wanna do is care for them and make them feel safe.

Back