Welcome To aBlackWeb

Former University of Alabama Basketball Players Charged With Murder of 23 Year Old Woman

University of Alabama basketball player Darius Miles allegedly gunned down a 23-year-old mother of one because she had brushed him off, the victim’s devastated mom said.

“Took my baby’s life because she wouldn’t talk to him,” DeCarla Cotton said on Facebook, where she posted a photo of her late daughter and her 5-year-old where she posted a photo of her late daughter and her 5-year-old son, Kaine.

Jamea Jonae Harris was killed early Sunday when Miles, 21, allegedly opened fire at a car she was riding in near “The Strip,” an area near the campus, officials said.
Police identified Miles and Michael Lynn Davis, 20, as suspects in the shooting after they reviewed surveillance footage and interviewed multiple witnesses.

They were charged with capital murder.

“She was a beautiful young woman who loved her family and most of all her 5-year-old son Kaine,’’ Cotton told AL.com. “She was just trying to enjoy her weekend with her cousin that attends the University of Alabama and her boyfriend.”

Harris’ cousin Kennedi Henderson called the slain woman “a humble soul, and she was always a happy soul.”

She said Harris “kept the cousins together and pushed us to be the best us. She was the best little cousin I can ask for, honestly.”

Henderson added: “The family and I are just in disbelief that something like this has happened to her. We just ask for prayers at this time.”
The unidentified driver of the car Harris was traveling in told police he returned fire in self-defense and apparently struck one of the suspects.

“It appears at this time that the shooting was the result of a minor argument that occurred between the victims and suspects after they encountered each other along The Strip,’’ Tuscaloosa police Capt. Jack Kennedy said.

The fuck is up with these dudes killing because they got rejected. Just move on to the next female
While the family may feel like that, I don't think anyone else should look at that as a fact. Could easily be the dudes got into it and she caught a stray one

Doesn't excuse his murder, but let's not turn this into a BM vs BW thing b4 it needs to be

While the family my feel like that, I don't think anyone else should look at that as a fact. Could easily be the dudes got into it and she caught a stray one

Doesn't excuse his murder, but let's not turn this into a BM vs BW thing b4 it needs to be
What's a BW?

Da fucc??? Muthafucca a college bball player. So you know pussy gets thrown at him. But his male ego is more important huh? Smh.

I hope them niggas in prison bring that energy towards him when they say "Sup sweetheart" as he walks by them and not speak. Bitch azzz.

About 1:45 a.m. Sunday, Tuscaloosa police and University of Alabama police were dispatched to the Walk of Champions at Bryant Denny Stadium on a shooting.

A vehicle had stopped there upon sighting a University of Alabama Police vehicle.

Harris was dead inside the vehicle, said Tuscaloosa Violent Crimes Capt. Jack Kennedy.

The driver, who has not been identified, told police their vehicle had been struck by gunfire. The driver said he had returned fire in self-defense and may have struck a suspect.

Investigators determined that the shooting happened in the 400 Block of Grace Street off of University Boulevard.

Kennedy said after speaking with multiple witnesses and viewing video surveillance, they identified two suspects. Both were located and interviewed.

One suspect was found to have indeed been struck by gunfire, Kennedy said, and had a non-life-threatening wound.

“It appears at this time that the shooting was the result of a minor argument that occurred between the victims and suspects after they encountered each other along the strip,’’ Kennedy said.

Yup, sounds like one of them tried to holla, then got into it with her bf. In the video it seems like the girl and her dude were driving by in the parking lot then all of a sudden you hear mad shots go off.
I feel like 2 hot heads with too much pride got into it & this is how it usually ends. Lives lost over nothing

Women been saying they are afraid to have to deal with dudes because of that. It's crazy to me that any nigga would be that stupid and thirsty.

Niggas acting like there's a shortage of pussy. Or act like they've never seen a woman b4.

EGO is what got that woman killed.

Back