Welcome To aBlackWeb

For the first time in congressional history, the House of Representatives voted to pass a measure that would decriminalize marijuana@ federal level

Wont make it past Mitch.

He'll legalize cocaine before he legalize herb.

They know this.Wack ass virtue signaling

might be a strategic move to turn out more voters in Georgia. They can say look we got shit passed in the house.. even got some Republicans on board but this doesnt stand a chance with Mitch in control of the Senate... If the Dems win those two seats.... weed will be legal on a federal level.

I'd think that would motivate some more voters to turn out

might be a strategic move to turn out more voters in Georgia. They can say look we got shit passed in the house.. even got some Republicans on board but this doesnt stand a chance with Mitch in control of the Senate... If the Dems win those two seats.... weed will be legal on a federal level.

I'd think that would motivate some more voters to turn out

Like this strategy.

Would they equally decriminalize black and Hispanic drug dealers of weed?

Yes and no. If those black and hispanic drug dealers are able to get all the licenses and open their own dispensaries, selling will be just as legal for them. However, we've already seen on the statewide scale that it is harder for blacks and hispanics to open those businesses legally and there is no push at all to help corner boys transition to legal sales. In other words, if it's made legal on a Federal level, it will probably be done so in a way that doesn't benefit blacks or poor people in general as much as those who have money or have a reasonable path to getting money for a startup.

Yes and no. If those black and hispanic drug dealers are able to get all the licenses and open their own dispensaries, selling will be just as legal for them. However, we've already seen on the statewide scale that it is harder for blacks and hispanics to open those businesses legally and there is no push at all to help corner boys transition to legal sales. In other words, if it's made legal on a Federal level, it will probably be done so in a way that doesn't benefit blacks or poor people in general as much as those who have money or have a reasonable path to getting money for a startup.

I see.

It won't pass the senate. That would mean the states especially the red states would have to release prisoners. Most of the red senators are backed by prison complex or have money in it. That law would fuck up the money

I don't know if that's true. I could be wrong, but I don't think legalizing weed would automatically apply retroactively.

Edit: I just looked at it. The article says this:

Beyond decriminalizing cannabis, the Marijuana Opportunity, Reinvestment, and Expungement Act would also mandate a reassessment of prior marijuana convictions, invest in services for people caught up in the war on drugs and open Small Business Administration funding for legitimate cannabis-related businesses.

That's very soft language. So there's no mandate for anyone to have to release prisoners. They do talking about the SBA investing into legit cannabis-related businesses, but notice there's nothing about trying to cater to black and brown communities that have been hurt the most by the War on Drugs.

Back