Welcome To aBlackWeb

FINALS: Goat Song of 91: Summertime vs My Mind Playin Tricks On Me

FINALS: Goat Song of 91: Summertime vs My Mind Playin Tricks On Me

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You think Nuthin But A G Thang is better than T.R.O.Y.?
god_damn_right_breaking_bad.gif

What songs should’ve won so far in your opinion?
Will get back to you after I review the other tournaments.

I’m not an anti-East Coast Guy, but most East Coast guys want to believe that their music is more popular than everyone else’s, which is not true majority of the time.

I knew Fresh Prince had the playoffs in the choke. After it beat Brenda Gotta Baby then it was a wrap. As long as this song didn't win

Will get back to you after I review the other tournaments.

I’m not an anti-East Coast Guy, but most East Coast guys want to believe that their music is more popular than everyone else’s, which is not true majority of the time.

I don't think it's that deep when you start talking about the "more popular" song. It's really about preference and feel. T.R.O.Y. feels like East Coast. Nuthin But a G Thang, while classic, isn't always going to touch an East Coaster the same way it does a West Coaster. Start throwing those heavy synthesizers on everything and that's a very distinct West Coast vibe and feel.

I don't believe it to be outlandish to find T.R.O.Y. better than G Thang and vice versa.

As far as these early years in hip hop East Coast was just that dominant. Most of the upper echelon West Coast music (I'm talking the ones in tier one of the entire game) were all from the same circle/camp. East Coast had the deeper well at the time so they have greater odds of winning these things. As we get into later years you'll see that reverse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back