Fill out a survey about Hip Hop & Mental Health

5 Grand

Old School Godfather
Mar 14, 2018
Whitehorse Gardens
This isn't my survey but it came up on my Facebook page.

He (or she) said he/she needs 200 responses

I'm having a hard time believing that. With the amount of artists that have poured their pain into songs. The ones who turn to drugs, to violence, to money to try to cope with their poor mental health. Honestly, you've never made the connection?
Not in that regards unless it’s something blatantly obvious like the issues Bizzy Bone has had. Oftentimes rappers have a too cool for school mentality.

Not in that regards unless it’s something blatantly obvious like the issues Bizzy Bone has had. Oftentimes rappers have a too cool for school mentality.
I don't think so I consider every track that is a personal story or telling of an experience to be a mental health issue. I would bargain that at least 98% of all rappers have at the very least one song that qualifies. Even the ones who are less lyrically inclined.

But I agree with your other post, I do not believe it's hip hop related at all. It's a societal issue, that bleeds into multiple media and arts like all other societal issues.

I don't think so I consider every track that is a personal story or telling of an experience to be a mental health issue. I would bargain that at least 98% of all rappers have at the very least one song that qualifies. Even the ones who are less lyrically inclined.
In that case everybody has some form of mental illness

In that case everybody has some form of mental illness
Mental health isn't mental illness. A personal song about stress or self esteem is a song with a mental health theme . Stress isn't an illness so it's not a form of mental illness. Self esteem is not an illness. Stress and self esteem are parts of mental health. A constant negative outlook on both of those would be indicative of a problem or condition. That condition is the illness.

All mental illnesses are a part of mental health. Mental health is more than just mental illness.

Reactions: 5th Letter
Mental health isn't mental illness. A personal song about stress or self esteem is a song with a mental health theme . Stress isn't an illness so it's not a form of mental illness. Self esteem is not an illness. Stress and self esteem are parts of mental health. A constant negative outlook on both of those would be indicative of a problem or condition. That condition is the illness.

All mental illnesses are a part of mental health. Mental health is more than just mental illness.

I'm sure we're all mentally ill in some way or another, at one point in our lives.

I doubt if there's such thing as "normal". It's the normal ones that shoot up schools.

I'm in my 40s and I've had this conversation with people my age and older than me. Everybody says it's common to go through a stage in your life when you're unemployed and don't shower. It happened to me.