Welcome To aBlackWeb

Fathers: Is it a requirement for you to meet the man your child’s mom bring around your child?

It's been a requirement for all of my crew that had kids but wasn't with the mother of said children. Once she starts bringing another dude around, it's pretty much mandatory.

Requirement? I'm not sure

Common courtesy. Absolutely

Those might contradict one another though

would it be a formal meeting though or they two just happen to meet at lil Johnny football game?

would it be a formal meeting though or they two just happen to meet at lil Johnny football game?
Depends

I think the courtesy thing to do is set aside some time to just chat

If it happens to be at a football game or something, that could still work I suppose but it feels like it would be kinda forced imo

I would absolutely respect the courtesy.

Anything else would be taken as disrespect.

Mandatory. Formal.

So, how do you initiate something like that?

Tell your child's mother you want to talk to him?

Have her put him on the phone and y'all set up a time to meet?

Just curious about the logistics of something like that.

So, how do you initiate something like that?

Tell your child's mother you want to talk to him?

Have her put him on the phone and y'all set up a time to meet?

Just curious about the logistics of something like that.
Na she already knew the deal cuz we had that conversation right after we broke up, before anybody else was even in the picture, when we were still co-habitating and hadn’t even sold our house yet.

When her and homie started getting serious and throwing around the idea of moving in together, she hit me and said she’d like him to meet our son finally so she wanted to find a time for us three to sit down and talk first. So we agreed on a day.

Then that fell through on some miscommunication shit so I said ‘Man what’s the nigga’s number?’. Texted him and worked it out and hit her back like ‘Yeah we meeting up on Friday.’ 🤷🏾

Last edited:
Absolutely, if this nigga gon be round my babies , we goin chop it up first and let him know wat it is , respectfully. So later when he fuck up and he all woot to woo ,so he know what goin happen next , feel me ??
ABSOLUTELY , Period point blank !

Absolutely, if this nigga gon be round my babies , we goin chop it up first and let him know wat it is , respectfully. So later when he fuck up and he all woot to woo ,so he know what goin happen next , feel me ??
ABSOLUTELY , Period point blank !

WTF

Na she already knew the deal cuz we had that conversation right after we broke up, before anybody else was even in the picture, when we were still co-habitating and hadn’t even sold our house yet.

When her and homie started getting serious and throwing around the idea of moving in together, she hit me and said she’d like him to meet our son finally so she wanted to find a time for us three to sit down and talk first. So we agreed on a day.

Then that fell through on some miscommunication shit so I said ‘Man what’s the nigga’s number?’. Texted him and worked it out and hit her back like ‘Yeah we meeting up on Friday.’ 🤷🏾

How long was the conversation when y'all met up on Friday?

And what critical points did you go over?

Also, were there any points of contention.............or did everything go smoothly?

How long was the conversation when y'all met up on Friday?

And what critical points did you go over?

Also, were there any points of contention.............or did everything go smoothly?
Shit didn’t last long. 20 - 30 minutes prolly. My main concerns were how discipline was gonna work around the house, making sure lines of communication is open between he and I, etc, etc, etc.

Na, shit went smooth. Me and homie never had no issues.

Back