Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Fair or Foul: Woman tells young girls that she doesn't pay bills b/c she knows how to care for a man

I see the females saying "well theres alot of women like this" , where dey at doe?

How many of yall know how to treat ur man?

I know how to treat a guy but everyone’s “treat a man good” ain’t the same.

I wanna hear what a women feels she brings to the table that evens out the man paying and providing everything.

I wanna know where “the man gotta pay for everything” came from.

Was it written in the Bible or some other type of rule book for the world?

I wanna know where “the man gotta pay for everything” came from.

Was it written in the Bible or some other type of rule book for the world?

b/c there was a time when women didnt work, so they had no money to pay for anything

Well they aint have no choice then.
right

so as usual, old as customs become the norm and shape the generation that followed w/o any context as to why that was the way things were previously

It’s a new day and age. Shit change everyday.

It was only that way because there were no options. Now there are options.

It’s a new day and age. Shit change everyday.

It was only that way because there were no options. Now there are options.

i totally agree with you

my point is that b/c this continues to be perpetuated, females still think that its the males job to pay for everything on outings.

If you want more money in the workplace for doing the same job as a man, then balance that shit out when it comes to the relationship

i mean, many people groom their woman to be housewives.. and some look specifically for that..

i know a few women who told dudes they didn't plan to work once they got married..
some dudes can afford that shit some can't....

but a lotta doctor, lawyer, dentist, brokers, executive type dudes...100k or better... they got housewives at home....

not all,

but a nice number

nah man...you didnt go to college to be a housewife

although i heard Alabama actually has a curriculum for that

@Blactivity, any truth to that?

but you went to school to prepare yourself for the workforce. Lets make as much bread together as we can

you at home decreases earning potential...at least in the short term. Lets devise a plan where you work for a few years, we stack our chips, and you can stay home once we start having children if thats something we BOTH decide is best for the family.

this was in response to Du

nah man...you didnt go to college to be a housewife

although i heard Alabama actually has a curriculum for that

@Blactivity, any truth to that?

but you went to school to prepare yourself for the workforce. Lets make as much bread together as we can

you at home decreases earning potential...at least in the short term. Lets devise a plan where you work for a few years, we stack our chips, and you can stay home once we start having children if thats something we BOTH decide is best for the family.

this was in response to Du
i'm only speaking from seeing it first hand..

dude i knew got married, and his wife immediately quit her job. flat out told everybody she aint get married to work.....this was 10+ years ago, thy still married.. dude an engineer..

knew a chick at college.. gorgeous chick, always super high maintenance, also engineering, and she did some modeling.... and she always said she'd work until she get married, but her husband has to be able to take care of her cu z she's not working after she gets married.....

and sure enough, she married some nfl nigga, and she stopped working to have kids, and shorty still not working...

some women plan that shit well in advance

dude i knew got married, and his wife immediately quit her job. flat out told everybody she aint get married to work.....this was 10+ years ago, thy still married.. dude an engineer..

knew a chick at college.. gorgeous chick, always super high maintenance, also engineering, and she did some modeling.... and she always said she'd work until she get married, but her husband has to be able to take care of her cu z she's not working after she gets married.....

and sure enough, she married some nfl nigga, and she stopped working to have kids, and shorty still not working...

im not saying its not possible, but it still can provide a level of stress if ducks are not in a row

funny you mention your podnuh. I got a podnuh with a similar situation. His wife didnt work the first few years and stayed home with the kids, but shit got real, real quick fast and in a hurry and eventually she had to get a job. He makes a lot of money, but they also live in Cali where the cost of living is higher. Ofc not everybody lives in Cali, but just saying, i would say they are the exception and not the rule

but it still can provide a level of stress if ducks are not in a row
i'm sure the woman in the video was stressing that.

while many marry for love, some marry for financial security, they marry for money...so that will be a discussion....

chicks like that ain't marrying a dude cuz they hope he make it some day...

they already seen his finances, and feel like they making the right move......they just gotta make sure they bring their part to the table i'm assuming....

Last edited:

Smh...and to the fools that let women pull that shit without a prenup in place- may the gods grant you quick entrance into the afterlife. Because hell will be quickly upon you. Lol

This shit is all good until that marriage "titanics". Word to Paul McCartney.

Before and after my parents divorced, they raised me and my brother while working 1 sometimes 2 jobs all while finishing school. My mom taught me to always have my own and never rely on anyone to take care of me. She's living her best life right now as happy as she wants to be.

My dad remarried and refuses to let his wife work. He calls her his employee. But she's happy enough I think. She's grateful that someone came along to take care of her and her 3 kids. He's miserable though saying she's lazy and doesn't do anything all day.

In my own relationships I try to find balance. I have certain traditional expectations but I'll never let a man fully control my finances. I'm not some cattle to be purchased, bred, and controlled. I feel like in a healthy relationship, we'd both have to prove ourselves worthy of the other.

The lady in the video is too extreme for me, but she's coming from her religious beliefs so I can't knock it. Couldn't be me though...

Back