Welcome To aBlackWeb

Ex-President of Nintendo America joins GameStop’s board of directors

Gamestop seems to be a dying brand im not sure if its even salvageable at this point

Maybe if they introduced a rental service like gamefly mixed with red box where you can go to gamestop and drop off rented games at any gamestop

Gamestop seems to be a dying brand im not sure if its even salvageable at this point

Maybe if they introduced a rental service like gamefly mixed with red box where you can go to gamestop and drop off rented games at any gamestop

So you want them to go to the failed model of Blockbuster?

So you want them to go to the failed model of Blockbuster?

not blockbuster, more of a mix of Redbox which def proved its a successful model and gamefly. I dont think they should rent exclusively like blockbuster did, but I really dont know what they could even try to do to stay in business. I just imagine if ppl had the option to rent a game for a week they would be more inclined to spend 2-5$ instead of 60$.

honestly at this point I think their days are numbered

Are they?

Gamestop will be in trouble if the consoles go to streaming/cloud gaming instead of actual disk.

not blockbuster, more of a mix of Redbox which def proved its a successful model and gamefly. I dont think they should rent exclusively like blockbuster did, but I really dont know what they could even try to do to stay in business. I just imagine if ppl had the option to rent a game for a week they would be more inclined to spend 2-5$ instead of 60$.

Gamefly ain't nearly as successful as GS. So why would they pattern themselves after a company that only makes a tenth of what GS makes.

Also I like to play games hen I want to. So I might pick up a game today and not play it til May. Play for an hour or 2 and not play again til August. I don't want to keep renting the same game over an over again. Plus if I kept it long enough they just gonna charge me for it anyway.

Are they?

Gamestop will be in trouble if the consoles go to streaming/cloud gaming instead of actual disk.

Gamefly ain't nearly as successful as GS. So why would they pattern themselves after a company that only makes a tenth of what GS makes.

Also I like to play games hen I want to. So I might pick up a game today and not play it til May. Play for an hour or 2 and not play again til August. I don't want to keep renting the same game over an over again. Plus if I kept it long enough they just gonna charge me for it anyway.

Yea i know theres definitely cons to renting. I think everything is going to move towards cloud or digital downloads so i really don't know what GS can do to offset that.

Tbh, at this point with most games I'd rather wait for a sale or a permanent price drop. I used rent games from Blockbuster when I was a kid but now with the game prices rapidly fall within 2-3 months after release it's better to just wait.

I agree I mean you can get a game cheaper online. And if you got some sort of game pass it could be free. That’s how I got Outer Worlds.

Back