Welcome To aBlackWeb

Ever Been Homeless?

Allah_U_Akbar

If so, how long? (even if it was just for a few days/weeks)

How long ago was this?

What were the circumstances that led up to it?

Where did you stay? How did you survive?

a grown able bodied man should never be homeless... a woman is different especially if they have kids.

Some people have mental illness.

I was in a psych hospital for 18 months before they set me up with a place to live in the projects.

I got out of the hospital, stayed on my meds, went to college and got it together.

Some people don't have a support system and their lives fall apart.

In other words, some people are able bodied, but mentally they're not all there.

This is good and all, but 5 million for 40 single person units.
But these look nice

Homeless rate rose 30% in 2023 in Atlanta.. .sheesh

Last edited:
a grown able bodied man should never be homeless... a woman is different especially if they have kids.
The world don’t work that way.
I used to think the same thing.

It’s a lot of people here in Cali who’s homeless with jobs.

Shit the unemployment is capped at like $500 a week, no matter how much you made.

I been hearing stories that shocked me.

my views have changed on how I see certain things since the pandemic.

Lol it's always funny when Black folks, especially Black men act like we don't get it the worst.

Being temporarily homeless for a lot of Black men is pretty much an everyday, common experience.

We just don't say nothing about it. Black men make up a disportionate percentage of the homeless, especially young Black men.

There are plenty of homeless people in America with jobs, degrees and skills.

Lol, Americans are disillusional as fuck. Life in America is precarious. All it takes is one bad day and you are out on the street lol, yet Americans act like the poverty and homelessness they see is avoidable lol.

When Covid and the 2008 recession proved to everyone that unless you a billionaire, you are not safe from the volatility and recklessness of capitalism, especially Black Americans.

Lol, if you never been homeless, it ain't because you got it like that lol.

I was homeless for a night in Little Haiti in Miami off of technicality. The cops and tow truck folk fucked me. Do y'all consider living in a hotel to be homeless?

Back