Welcome To aBlackWeb

MoeW

Written by Ethan Coen and Tricia Cooke, this comedy caper follows Jamie, an uninhibited free spirit bemoaning yet another breakup with a girlfriend, and her demure friend Marian who desperately needs to loosen up. In search of a fresh start, the two embark on an impromptu road trip to Tallahassee, but things quickly go awry when they cross paths with a group of inept criminals along the way.​

This was really funny. I just didn't understand the trippy scenes and Miley Cyrus just randomly appearing

Also the wine scene was odd. The waiter was filling the glasses up almost to the brim and then suddenly they were at what would be "normal." I couldn't tell if it was a goof that didn't make it through editing or was somehow on purpose

Drive-Away Dolls

Detour after Detour

PRAISE: This movie reminds me of all of the 2 a.m ,can't sleep or just woke up to movies I've watched over the years. There's not much to it but there's enough likeable faces in it to keep me interested. The story about two women embarking on an impromptu road trip to Tallahassee, Fla. However, things quickly go awry when they cross paths with a group of inept criminals along the way. Ethan Coen continues to try to go at it sans his brother Joel and create something outside their brotherly partnership and I admire him for doing so. I also admire the cast including
Cast: Margaret Qualley, Geraldine Viswanathan, Beanie Feldstein, Joey Slotnick, C.J. Wilson, Colman Domingo, Pedro Pascal, Bill Camp and Matt Damon committing fully to their roles that include raunchiness and salty dialogue. There are some funny visuals and Margaret Qualley and Geraldine Viswanathan are the standouts and have nice moments together.

PROBLEMS: To much of the movie feels like filler and with such a short running time that's a big no no.Margaret Qualleys southern accent is way over the top.
If the psychedelic moments were taken out plus minus the credits this movie would have been barely over sixty minutes. There are so many scenes in which I felt the characters were waiting for their que to make a monolog. The character development is extremely low and the film needed more time and it was missing some key hurdles to make it more believable that an easy resolution wasn't staring the characters in the face.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 5

Its off-putting how cartoonish Margaret's Southern accent is in this shit. Its like she's trying to sound like a mix Rogue from X-Men and Sandy the Squirrel from SpongeBob lol

This movie is not good lol. Such a waste of Pedro Pascal and Colman Domingo. Pascal's character died in the most ridiculous random way within the 1st minute. The trippy scenes were not necessary. None of our characters are fleshed out enough for me to care and the run time doesn't do it favors. Margaret's character is a just a freaky frog throughout. Its just sex, sex, sex with her lol

Back