Welcome To aBlackWeb

(dos minded thread)Should the generational wealth of those who profited from....

DOS_patos

Unverified Legion of Trill member
Should the generational wealth of those who profited from .....Slavery and black pain and suffering be taxed or taken away?

The Freedmans bank had its money taken from well off black people. Someone got rich over night.
The free labor helped build massive corporations. Easy to get rich when you don't pay employees.
King leopolds family stacked alot of bread while central Africa suffered and got nothing.
Museums have tons of African artifacts worth a lot....Are they valuable because they are controlled by cacs? Would African art made now be worth anything or be stored in museums?
If those artifacts was to be given back, would they retain it's worth?

Anyway...My point is should those who have control of artifacts and built generation wealth from stolen items and forced labor ...Should they be taxed greatly and that money be given to the black community? Should they give up that loot that's not their's?

It may not seem fair because they did nothing and their life would be taken from them and changed forever.....Kinda like what happened to people during slavery.

So I ask....What should those families and organization pay?

Taxed? Forever in perpetuity? I say no. A reparations-style, one-time allocation of financial resources to the defendants of the affected people would suffice, as long as it was sizable enough.

But like everybody else is saying, never gonna happen. I think the best thing we can do as a people is understand that we've been done incredibly wrong, continue to fight for some sort of compensation...while living our lives under the assumption that it'll prolly never come to fruition.

They wont even return stolen artifacts/relics to the rightful owners.

They aint tryna give up none of the OLD shit they stole... and they aint tryna return even a portion of the profits or fortunes they made from it and continue to make from it.

Buncha devils
funny you say this...........I was watching something and some treasure hunters found some lost gold from a shipwreck which the ship was owned by Spain. Spain took it over immediately and the treasure hunters didn't get shit but prison time for not telling Spain exactly where the ship was. Yet our heritage can be stolen without a fuck to give

Back