Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Does Durant Belong In The Goat Conversation?

Does KD Belong In The Goat Conversation?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Bill Russell is the GOAT winner for sure, but as an individual player I can't put him up there. His individual stats weren't as impressive as the three I named. He was a defensive beast, but not quite as dominant offensively. Wilt had the opposite problem. He was basically a stat god, but he wasn't the winner the others were. When you look at the combination of winning, stats, and accolades, Mike, Lebron, and Kareem stand out.
Gil said how come he was the only brother not putting u 30 a game lolololol

Hes a top 15 player all time. GOAT is top 4-5. To be ranked that high is a remarkable achievement. This discussion sucks because most of us don't or won't take this take seriously enough, and KD deserves more than that.

Bill Russell is the GOAT winner for sure, but as an individual player I can't put him up there. His individual stats weren't as impressive as the three I named. He was a defensive beast, but not quite as dominant offensively. Wilt had the opposite problem. He was basically a stat god, but he wasn't the winner the others were. When you look at the combination of winning, stats, and accolades, Mike, Lebron, and Kareem stand out.
Bill Russell got 5 MVPs. Tied with Mike, 2nd only behind Kareem.

12x All-Star
4x Rebounding Champ
11x All-NBA
#2 in Career high Rebounding - 22.5 (Wilt is #1 @ 22.9)

Bill Russell got 5 MVPs. Tied with Mike, 2nd only behind Kareem.

12x All-Star
4x Rebounding Champ
11x All-NBA
#2 in Career high Rebounding - 22.5 (Wilt is #1 @ 22.9)

Nothing you said counters what I said. He wasn't that great on offense. Him having bloated rebounding stats in an era where the volume of shots was the highest it has ever been doesn't change that. Seriously, the lists of achievements and accolades are like three times as long for the people I said are in the GOAT conversation.

Back