Welcome To aBlackWeb

Do You Need Your Rappers/Singers To Be Multi-Dimemsional...?

GO843

Life Coach In Between Jobs
...Was readin somethin about the Griselda team and a commenter under the article called them one dimensional...My response was "If you good as fuck at one thing, do it until you can't no more"....

....And I had never really thought of it that way but, yeah, Ion really need a nigga to venture out and try to get introspective if he's great at surface talk and vice versa....This can apply to singers too...

....Now don't get me wrong I appreciate when an artist can be versatile and I classify them differently skill wise...But Ion need it...Especially if it's a swing and a miss....Sometimes it might be for the best to stay in your lane....

...Off top, I'd say some good examples would be Ross, Migos(as a group), Freddie Gibbs, Pusha T, Mary J Blige, The Dream....

2Pac and Biggie were multi-dimensional and they were good at it.

Nas tried being multi-dimensional but it's just not his style. He's not good at making top 40 records. He sounds better when he stays in his lane.

I remember when Puffy had The Lox wearing shiney suits and rapping about being jiggy. It just didn't make sense.

Ultimately, some people are better at being multi-dimensional while other people, like Gang Starr, should just stay in their lane and do what they do.

Nas is one of the most multi dimensional rappers of alltime

I think 5 Grand is saying Nas isn't really good at making "party" records, but there's a bunch of other pockets Nas taps into. He can drop an introspective track, then hit you with a mafioso track, then storytelling, then some woke shit, etc.

I agree with Goldie, I think the problem comes in when one dimensional folks catch feelings about people who arent in their realm getting kudos that they dont get.

But its like, those kudos exist in that realm, same way your kudos exist in your realm. It's when folks feel disrespected is when the problem starts. If your kudos is hottest in the streets, keep your mouth closed about cats like Chance getting the best out crown from mainstream.

Chance can never get the hottest in the streets mantle and ain't worried about that. Artist wanna exist outside their realm, but dont wanna exist outside their realm.

Back