Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Do You Listen To Eminem In 2019?

Do You Listen To Eminem In 2019?

• Total voters
Em to me is a dope rapper and when he does make serious records like I Am, Stan, Roof Collapse, Lose Yourself records he in his bag and those are good to vibe to solo or head phones.

When it comes to car/trunk music or kick backs and parties that ain't his lane nor does any of his music really cater to that.

After Em Show I stopped listening and everything he dropped til the last album has been off my radar and when I did hear them they were ass but I agree with Charlamagne with the last album being a good album, prolly his best since Em Show. That came out last year so technically nah I dont listen to Eminem in 2019 but if he dropped something I'd give it a listen.

My problem with Eminem is that he strayed waaay too far away from his roots. I don't want another emo ass song from Eminem. I want Infinte/SSEP/Soundbombing/Wake Up Show Eminem. No more songs about his daughter, Kim, or whatever. I want some "battle the unknown MC" joints, some straight spittin shit, sprinkle a few joints like "Murda, Murda", "Low Down Dirty", or "Any Man" in there for good measure and I'm good.

But Em ain't doing that. Doesn't negate his status as one of the best MC's to touch a mic. Doesn't mean he can't obliterate Lord Jamar in a battle either. I ain't listening to Em 'cause he ain't making the music I want to hear from him. Haven't bought an album of his since The Eminem Show either. I still fucks with his old shit, and keep some of it in rotation, but until he makes what I want to hear I ain't giving dude any more money.

I voted yes based off of Kamikaze (even though I've only listen to it once). I bought his first album and after that album came out I got sick of white people telling me how great he is and he is the GOAT. The only other album of his I heard was MMLP and then MMLP2 and that was years after it came out but niggas online was talking about it was a classic (the first one). The album is trash and then I downloaded MMLP2 and that was trash to me too. The first half of Infinite is dope though but the second part drags.

Last edited:
Nah...can’t front tho...when he first dropped I was caught up in tha Great White Hype...dude can spit...no denying that...I didn’t mind tha fact he wasn’t really saying shit because he wasn’t really saying shit on beat wit some crazy word play...but after a few months I wasn’t rocking to his shit anymore...now as he’s dropped albums I’ve listened to songs here and there...tried listening to tha new albums he drops but never really got into them...so to answer tha question again...nah

His peak was The Eminem Show in 2002... He also came good with Relapse in '09 due to that being handled by Dre and not his wack ass so called production...

I stopped listening to his shit as the noughties turned to teens... Matter of fact looking back it was Dr.Dre who made his music edible... Worth listening to

Funniest shit he did recently was releasing an album because he was in his feelings over how the previous album was received

He fell off but of course he'll sell no matter what...

Em to me is a dope rapper and when he does make serious records like I Am, Stan, Roof Collapse, Lose Yourself records he in his bag and those are good to vibe to solo or head phones.

When it comes to car/trunk music or kick backs and parties that ain't his lane nor does any of his music really cater to that.

After Em Show I stopped listening and everything he dropped til the last album has been off my radar and when I did hear them they were ass but I agree with Charlamagne with the last album being a good album, prolly his best since Em Show. That came out last year so technically nah I dont listen to Eminem in 2019 but if he dropped something I'd give it a listen.
110% my thoughts

Seems like only niggas on the internet & washed up rappers waste their energy on Em. This ain’t 2003, I don’t know anyone white or black who really listens to Em like that anymore really. Jamar come off as an old nigga that craves attention which is sad cuz him & Em in the same age group.

Seems like only niggas on the internet & washed up rappers waste their energy on Em. This ain’t 2003, I don’t know anyone white or black who really listens to Em like that anymore really. Jamar come off as an old nigga that craves attention which is sad cuz him & Em in the same age group.

Lord Jamar is a guardian of the culture, Eminem is a guest in Hip Hop.

Lord Jamar is a guardian of the culture, Eminem is a guest in Hip Hop.

Running your mouth on podcasts & VladTV don’t make you a guardian of shit. Em maybe a great but his relevancy isn’t as big as it once was. So Jamar going out of his way to talk about him at this point is weak. I can’t take the nigga seriously.

I’ll go out of my way to hear new material Em puts out but he doesn’t impress me like he used to constantly. That goes for a lot of greats from his era.

Back