Welcome To aBlackWeb

Do y’all know anyone that makes minimum wage?

ImaInfluenza

Who do you think you are? I am
I’m asking honestly, do you know anyone that makes minimum wage? I keep seeing all of this, “raise the minimum wage” “raise the minimum wage” talk.

Fuck the minimum wage, rage wages in general. I know teenagers that work part time that don’t make minimum wage. Who the fuck is making minimum wage?

I’m asking honestly, do you know anyone that makes minimum wage? I keep seeing all of this, “raise the minimum wage” “raise the minimum wage” talk.

Fuck the minimum wage, rage wages in general. I know teenagers that work part time that don’t make minimum wage. Who the fuck is making minimum wage?

Bro what do you mean? If they raise the minimum they should raise everybody by default. Keyword is should.

Why fight for the league minimum to be increased when I can go and be a franchise player. Raise the salaries at the top and in turn have an average player understand his value. Look at me, and say look at what you paying him. I demand more for myself. Instead the average players is pointing at the guys in the fringe. Saying increase their pay and then y’all gonna have to increase my pay by default. That way, my come up is by default and not by my forceful actions.

And you may say they might just pay the fringe guy to do what you do and fire you. Well, now you become a free agent and search for a team willing to pay you your worth.

Why fight for the league minimum to be increased when I can go and be a franchise player. Raise the salaries at the top and in turn have an average player understand his value. Look at me, and say look at what you paying him. I demand more for myself. Instead the average players is pointing at the guys in the fringe. Saying increase their pay and then y’all gonna have to increase my pay by default. That way, my come up is by default and not by my forceful actions.

That’s not how it works the salaries at the very top are crazy. If you mean like the average career worker who makes more than minimum should be paid more I agree.

That’s not how it works the salaries at the very top are crazy. If you mean like the average career worker who makes more than minimum should be paid more I agree.
That’s exactly how it works, if the GM of a company makes 100k, that means the supervising manager makes no less than 70K. That means the workers should make no less than 40k.

If that GM can leave the company and transfer to another job that is paying 100k, then the cost of skilled labor is the same across the whole market and you are just being underpaid.

You can find competitors for the company you work for in the same market that are going to pay you that 40k.

Minimum wage is 15k annually, you think making it 20k annually affects you? Bro you’d still be 20k ahead of them.

If the gm makes 300k, the managing sup can make no less that 100k and the workers no less than 70k.

I ain’t talking about executives I’m talking about operations. And most of us work in operations.

Ask for what you are worth and if you don’t get it, there’s someone out there that will pay you what you worth but first you have to be worth something.

If you are making 15 a year, you have no skill or your illegal. Prisoners live prison and find jobs at fast food and Home Depot that don’t even pay them minimum wage.

Idk about other areas, but where I live most places that would usually offer minimum wage like fast food have actually raised their pay to the $15+ that folks were fighting for a few years back because they are desperate for workers.

Idk about other areas, but where I live most places that would usually offer minimum wage like fast food have actually raised their pay to the $15+ that folks were fighting for a few years back because they are desperate for workers.
You are absolutely right, that’s happening so much in the market now that it’s legit hard to find a place that is paying people minimum wage. And the 15 dollars pay now was motivated by a few companies rasing their pay to 15, 17, and in most call centers that are WFH now, 20 dollars an hour. So that people that worked in fast food could look at the higher pay above them and say pay me more like that or I’ll walk. Which raised pay to around 15.

Not saying 15 is enough. My point with the thread is I think people are looking in the wrong direction when it comes to how wages can be forced to be change. Raising the minimum won’t effect the rest of us.

If you raise the minimum, inflation would just adjust and it’d still be the minimum.

Keep the minimum the same and demand higher pay for your services. Cause legit ask yourself. Who the fuck makes minimum wage anymore?

Bro what do you mean? If they raise the minimum they should raise everybody by default. Keyword is should.
Absolutely should. But as someone who spent years working in retail, that rarely ever happens. In the early-mid 2000s minimum wage here went up by at least a dollar 2 separate times. But if you were making more than that but not a dollar more you would be bumped up the new minimum, not by the same increase.

Mcdonalds said they'd pay $15 min at their corporate owned stores. The catch is they dont really own that many stores, vast majority is franchised. Still a partial W tho. So while young people finally got some better pay, by not listening to these old dumbasses and refused to work, it still varies from where you live.

And dont nobody try to teach me boomer economics. Cuz at the end of the day these international corporations pay way high wages outside the US and not only do they still make a profit, their prices are like the same.

Back