Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Do Black People and POC Need Our Own Spaces?

NeighborhoodNomad

the marathon continues........
Do you think Black people and people of color need our own exclusive spaces or communities?

I do. But I also think inclusive spaces and communities are important too.

I recently read an article from a sista explaining why P.O.C. need these spaces and she made some good points.

So what do y'all think?

thought this was about that shindig that black people are charging non POC double to get in lol

Yes
All this stuff blacks are way behind on because of years of brainwashing.

Nothing wrong with having your own space for your own people. It's just that others do it and don't label it thus.

Country clubs for example

We're segregated like this in Chicago... The only difference is that there's only one community that's thriving...

So there needs to be equality before we can live independently, imo.

I'm all for it in theory though

Of course we do, I was going to post the article that you did. Perfect example are the breastfeeding support groups I’m in, there’s a few but one in particular that’s pretty big (lots of members) but the women in the group are predominantly white. A black woman can ask for help and get over looked but if a white woman posts the same exact thing, she will get plenty of comments.

I commented some info to help a white mother, she ignored me but another woman commented the same things I did and she literally liked and had a full blown convo with her, even thanked her. It’s not just me this happens to but THOUSANDS of us have realized these spaces are not for us and never will be.

Also, a lot of them have this white savior shit going on. Bottom line is we NEED our own spaces, we have them and I’m the creator of some of those spaces pushing thousands of black women and Afro Latina women. It is possible just like we have a Black Breastfeeding Week at the end of August. I’m not in the business of coddling white people and moving to make them happy, I never will be. Yes, we deny them in our spaces especially the ones who feel because they fuck and suck black dick and reproduce with them, that they’re somehow now welcome into our spaces.

Own spaces like what?

I need this answered before I go full patos

I definitely should have elaborated on the society pictured above.

What I mean are independent sovereign communities meaning these are self governing communities. I'm unaware of any societies today with this concept.

For example an independent sovereign community would have it's own policies, judicial/court/restoration system. They would have their own form of a "constitution".

It's a community that does what's best for themselves as a community or creates a culture that works for that particular community. It's a community that decides what's best for themselves as a community. It's a community of self governed individuals. It's a community community that has its own relationship with the land and the way their community deals with that land from housing and ownership to agriculture and natural energy. It's a community that has its own economic/currency and trading agreements. These are the independent sovereign communities.

Now you also have an interdependent sovereign community that is separate from the independent sovereign community (obviously) but it's a self governed community of all people, races, religions and walks of life living amongst each other and doing what's best for their multiracial and multicultural community.

To get specific about independent/interdependent sovereign communities...

Ideally...As a Black man I can live, own property and own/run businesses in the Black community and the multicultural community but not in the Latinx, White, Asian, Mid-Eastern or Native/Indigenous communities.

If I'm in another community I have to abide by their rules.

Police have zero jurisdiction in a community that is not their own.

Communities can only create policies for their own community.

Of course we do, I was going to post the article that you did. Perfect example are the breastfeeding support groups I’m in, there’s a few but one in particular that’s pretty big (lots of members) but the women in the group are predominantly white. A black woman can ask for help and get over looked but if a white woman posts the same exact thing, she will get plenty of comments.

I commented some info to help a white mother, she ignored me but another woman commented the same things I did and she literally liked and had a full blown convo with her, even thanked her. It’s not just me this happens to but THOUSANDS of us have realized these spaces are not for us and never will be.

Also, a lot of them have this white savior shit going on. Bottom line is we NEED our own spaces, we have them and I’m the creator of some of those spaces pushing thousands of black women and Afro Latina women. It is possible just like we have a Black Breastfeeding Week at the end of August. I’m not in the business of coddling white people and moving to make them happy, I never will be. Yes, we deny them in our spaces especially the ones who feel because they fuck and suck black dick and reproduce with them, that they’re somehow now welcome into our spaces.

Salute to you. Thank you for your great work.

Yes. I’ve created a space for Black women/mothers to speak on things, joke around and uplift one another. I also have a space for black women who workout together. It’s one white lady in there but she’s no harm.

Black people do need things exclusive to them only. We need to have a space where we can be around our kind and not be ashamed to tell white folks, “no your ass can’t come up in here.”

Yes. I’ve created a space for Black women/mothers to speak on things, joke around and uplift one another. I also have a space for black women who workout together. It’s one white lady in there but she’s no harm.

Black people do need things exclusive to them only. We need to have a space where we can be around our kind and not be ashamed to tell white folks, “no your ass can’t come up in here.”

Salute to you and thank you for this work.

The importance of exercise is commonly advocated but the importance to just have a space to be able to let your guard down and joke around with each other is real. Laughter is medicine too.

ok...i got a bit of time.

do we need our own spaces.
yes

do we have our own spaces.
yes.

problem is what do we do with those spaces?
if we dont have black owned business.....who cant come in and setup shop and succeed? because its a need in the community. so they will be supported.

my thing is.......why cant we fix up the places that people claim was for us...even if given by the very people who hate us?
is it a problem to make it look nice and support our own?

i think this is not about our spaces....i think this is more about fixing our mentality and trust each other more and others less.
and on the flip side, we need to do right by each other and not try to get over on our own.

we need to be able to stand up to the fuckery in our hoods and build from there.
we need to understand our reality and our position in this global society.

and it all starts with positive thinking black men being the gatekeepers.

we have all we need......but for some reason we dont connect the dots and try to rob or get over on each other.

Back