Welcome To aBlackWeb

DMX has put out an open call for beats...trap beats. Can you hear the X man trappin'?

Race Jones

gangster. grace. alchemy
While Swizzy presumably produced that song, DMX surprised some this past weekend when he took to social media to solicit “Trap Beats” from followers. Not only was a onetime #1 Hip-Hop artist crowd-sourcing sounds when he was thought to be working with proven hit-makers, he was seeking a new pastiche altogether.

Throughout the last 25 years, DMX’s music has traditionally been aggressive, matching his vocal delivery. The highest charting song of Earl Simmons’ career came from early ’98’s feature on LOX single, “Money, Power, Respect.” Also featuring Lil’ Kim, the Hitmen-laced song was distinctly East Coast, made at a time when many Hip-Hop anthems were broken in mainstay clubs like The Tunnel. On his own, several months later, X’s first Top 40 single, “Get At Me Dog” featured the same sample, played similarly to an EPMD classic. Produced by Dame Grease, that song would be a crucial introduction to the Yonkers, New York MC, in his first of five #1 albums. The highest chart appearance within his catalog is X’s beloved “Party Up.”Released in 2000 and produced without samples by Swizz, the song was a charged, highly electronic release that lived up to its name.

As X asks for a Trap sound, a term that did not appear to exist in Rap music in the late ’90s, Heads may want something to compare to. One of the biggest appearances of X’s career since his last release was care of MGK’s Lace Up. On that album from Cleveland, Ohio’s Bad Boy Records artist, The Dog appeared on “D3MONS.” While the tempo and energy of that song differed from what Heads may expect on D’s albums, it was produced by longtime musical partner Dame Grease.

Idk how I feel about my DAWG rapping to future inspired beats.
smh

87XXO.gif

Thats a damn shame.

X damn near 50 gonna be out here rockin skinny jeans tryn migos flow.

Hopefully this plan dont follow thru

Back