Welcome To aBlackWeb

DJ Quik burns his Death Row Records royalty check. Hasn’t gotten the money and respect he deserves

whats that check amount...i cant make it out

and recently several high profile artists have at least claimed to have gotten financial retribution after making public appeals abt fucked up unjust compensation....so well worth the try!

Quik need to get his lawyer game up and stop with this silly shit. Songs over 20 yrs old, shoulda been after that credit a long time ago.

Never knew Quik had any issues with recognition or credits in the industry to begin with…he missing plaques and pay?

All depends on the contract he signed.

If he signed a bad contract..........and the contract is legally binding...........there's nothing he can do.

Has the ownership of Death Row even been resolved yet?

Last I heard, there was an ownership dispute with Suge and somebody who claimed they helped him start Death Row.

So, who would he even go to in order to get the pay he deserves.............assuming he has legal grounds to dispute the contact?

And would they even have the money to pay him?

Best he could probably do is get them to give him his masters or something.

😬Puff took his artists publishing and also charged them for song and video appearances from him that they didn't ask for.

Yooo, I didn't know that. Dude forced himself into videos and then charged his artists fees for that? That's super fucked up, but people keep on worshipping these rich black celebrities for nothing more than being rich and black even though some of them pulled the same dirty shit to get there that white people have.

Back