Welcome To aBlackWeb

Video DJ Muggs on Sample Snitching : "That Sample Rat Sh#t I Can Not Fxckin Stand!!"

Fuck that !! Either pay up or stop stealing people shit..

Hip hop was built off sampling, clearing a sample cost like $40k+ so unless you get a commercial smash like 'Jump Around' or 90s Bad Boy its not viable...

You think we would be getting heat from Ransom and Conway etc if producers cleared every sample from an obscure record that no ones heard of??? We would get hardly any albums...

I get it when a song is a clear rip off, like what Puff was doing in the 90s, dudes were basically rapping over the OG but taking a tiny break from a random traditional 1940's Romanian Folk 12" found in a charity shop for $0.40 is what hip hop is built off...

Hip hop was built off sampling, clearing a sample cost like $40k+ so unless you get a commercial smash like 'Jump Around' or 90s Bad Boy its not viable...

You think we would be getting heat from Ransom and Conway etc if producers cleared every sample from an obscure record that no ones heard of??? We would get hardly any albums...

I get it when a song is a clear rip off, like what Puff was doing in the 90s, dudes were basically rapping over the OG but taking a tiny break from a random traditional 1940's Romanian Folk 12" found in a charity shop for $0.40 is what hip hop is built off...
I get that hip hop was created from sampling but that was a long time ago…

No matter how obscure you think someone’s record is, it’s still something they created and if a DJ or producer decide to sample something someone else created then they should pay for it…

I get that hip hop was created from sampling but that was a long time ago…

No matter how obscure you think someone’s record is, it’s still something they created and if a DJ or producer decide to sample something someone else created then they should pay for it…

There would be next to no records though, like dope producers sell beats for like $400 - $2k or whatever... If they cleared the samples those beats would be $60k-$100k beats, no rappers would be buying them... Chances are those dope as fck Big Ghost x Conway and Craven x Ransom projects wouldnt be happening...

I agree if youre making millions off a hit song you should pay up, like Puff, House Of Pain, Coolio etc were doing but not for standard projects that arnt making millions...

Hip hop is about digging through records and finding random as fck songs, like I said some random Eastern Euro folk or electro song no one has heard of and flipping the break or sampling parts of it, if you get found out fine but part of the fun is finding gems no one has and using them...

Like I said if youre making millions of a song cool, you should pay up for the sample, its an investment that makes financial sense to all parties but paying $300k-$400k to clear 10 songs for a project that wont even recoup that doesnt make sense...

Last edited:
Water, family, lol

There's no nice way to say it's still stealing lol

For years I justified my pirating activity so that I wouldn't feel bad about it but at the end of the day, it's still stealing

Water, family, lol

There's no nice way to say it's still stealing lol

For years I justified my pirating activity so that I wouldn't feel bad about it but at the end of the day, it's still stealing

To an extent, like what Puff did that was basically take a whole Sting song and rap over it but taking an 4 seconds of random/obscure break and flipping it up Im cool with...

Now if that song blows up, makes millions or whatever cool pay up but if its just bouncing around on random underground albums let it live... Like 50, Dre, Kanye, Jay and Nas are all gonna clear their samples but underground cats cant afford to do that...

If it wasnt so ridiculously expensive to clear a sample it woudnt be a problem...

To an extent, like what Puff did that was basically take a whole Sting song and rap over it but taking an 4 seconds of random/obscure break and flipping it up Im cool with...

Now if that song blows up, makes millions or whatever cool pay up but if its just bouncing around on random underground albums let it live... Like 50, Dre, Kanye, Jay and Nas are all gonna clear their samples but underground cats cant afford to do that...

If it wasnt so ridiculously expensive to clear a sample it woudnt be a problem...
Eh

There was no mistaking what song Puff was sampling though

If you can't afford to pay the estate, better start trying to create something from scratch then

My issue is the entitlement. You wanna be able to chop some obscure part of a song and hope no one notices the origin so you don't have to pay

It's still stealing b

Back