Welcome To aBlackWeb

Disney Heir says paying chief executive £50.5m is insane

dasmooth1

https://www.theguardian.com/film/20...igail-paying-chief-executive-bob-iger-iinsane

An heir to the Walt Disney fortune has described the $65.6m (£50.5m) paid to the company’s chief executive, Bob Iger, as “insane”.

Abigail Disney, an Emmy award-winning film-maker and a granddaughter of the company’s co-founder Roy Disney, said it was outrageous that Iger was paid 1,424 times more than the average pay for a Disney employee last year. Iger’s 2018 pay package increased by 80% from $36.3m in 2017. He also collected $43.9m in 2016.

“Let me be very clear. I like Bob Iger,” said Abigail Disney in a series of 22 tweets on Sunday. “I do NOT speak for my family but only for myself. Other than owning shares (not that many) I have no more say in what happens there than anyone else. But by any objective measure a pay ratio over a thousand is insane.”

The tweets followed up a “humane capitalism” speech she gave last week in which she said Iger was a “good man” who had performed well at Disney and deserved a bonus, but such huge pay deals “had a corrosive effect on society”.

Thought it was quite interesting that a potential heiress to some of Disney's fortune would come out with this. Nice to see someone from the elite speak about the level of inequality caused by the elite. Ultimately it won't change anything though will it

Back