Welcome To aBlackWeb

Director Bryan Singer Responds to Upcoming Report on Allegations Against Him: ‘Attempting to Tarnish

https://www.mediaite.com/online/dir...-against-him-attempting-to-tarnish-my-career/

Director Bryan Singer has preemptively issued a response to what he says is an upcoming Esquire report detailing some allegations against him.

Last December Singer was accused of sexual assault by Cesar Sanchez-Guzman. At the time Singer categorically denied the allegation.

This morning singer posted a statement on Instagram saying Esquire is working on a “negative article” that “will attempt to rehash false accusations and bogus lawsuits”:

I have known for some time that Esquire magazine may publish a negative article about me. They have contacted my friends, colleagues, and people I don’t even know in today’s climate where people’s careers are being harmed by mere accusations, what Esquire is attempting to do is a reckless disregard for the truth, making assumptions that are fictional and irresponsible.

This article will attempt to rehash false accusations and bogus lawsuits… This article will misuse quotes from “sources” that will claim to have “intimate” knowledge of my personal life. It will also attempt to establish guilt by association because of people I’ve either known or met in the past. They will be attempting to tarnish a career I’ve spent 25 years to build.

Incidentally, this article has been conveniently timed with the release of my film, Bohemian Rhapsody. I am immensely proud of this film and everyone involved.

I will comment further on this if necessary.

Was only a matter of time. Been hearin' about this guy since I first started postin' online. He musta been shittin' in his pants when Spacey got hit

in the words of the skilled steward of urban ingenuity Kanan Starks......

tenor.gif

kevin-spacey-pedophile-child-molester-scandal-5.jpg

original-11355-1397757947-7.jpg

can we start another abbreviation for the netz.

NSFSP
not safe for straight people.

those pics got too much gay in them

He tarnished the xmen with his shifty grounded movies and motorcycle suits. Don't send him to prison send deadpool after him!

Fuck them kids. He should fry for his years of assault against the X-Men.

Kill him.

A new Hollywood Reporter story details the years of behind-the-scenes turmoil surrounding Singer, the director of several films in the X-Men franchise. His "tempestuous nature" and drug use, THR's sources say, led to "erratic and destructive" behavior and impulsive decisions that complicated shoots. As an anonymous executive notes, "We accommodated him on the first [X-Men] movie, and therefore we can accommodate him on the second movie. And on and on. And it created a monster."

This behavior came to a head during the production of 2003's X2: X-Men United, with an incident where sources say Singer allegedly defied producer Tom DeSanto to continue shooting while under the influence of a narcotic. This led to a botched stunt that left star Hugh Jackman "bleeding on camera," after which production was shut down. 20th Century Fox executives, however, sided with Singer and told DeSanto to leave the set, leading the main castmembers to confront Singer (in full costume) and threaten to quit if DeSanto left.

It was at this point, according to THR, that star Halle Berry "famously said to Singer, 'You can kiss my Black ass,' a line that has been oft-reported in the years since but never with the correct backstory." A representative for Singer told THR that "nothing like that ever happened." Representatives for the director did not immediately respond to EW's request for further comment.

The THR story also notes that Singer would reportedly frequently fill small roles on the films with "handsome young men," several of whom have claimed that the filmmaker "dangled X-Men auditions and roles in exchange for sex," and that many of Singer's associates who were later accused of sexual misconduct would frequent his sets. Singer himself has repeatedly been accused of sexually abusing underage boys, allegations which he has denied.

Back