Welcome To aBlackWeb

Did You Like Art Enough In School To Major In It?

SirReginald

Black Jew. Baruch Adonai
Besides History, I loved Art in school. TBH, my Senior year, I did Graphic Design. I should have went to community college for studio art, but didn't. Regret going for Computer Science and dropping out. Good part is that I'm going back to school for my studio art degree and graphic design. While I love tech, I love the arts a lot more.

Did you ever think about majoring in art?

I love art and no…

all art can be learned at home

very large majority of artists will tell you schooling isn’t necessaryand a waste

Nah. I found my love for illustration after undergrad. Never occurred to me when I was in school to go that lane.

That said, I taught myself through everything I know through independent studies and youtube tutorials and I'm pretty good at it. Especially graphic design.

You can do the same.

Last edited:
I love art and no…

very large majority of artists will tell you schooling isn’t necessaryand a waste

Ehh idk if it can all be learned at home. Especially depending on what about art you're specifically talking about. I do think that it's an underrated major/career path and undervalued in society though

Ehh idk if it can all be learned at home. Especially depending on what about art you're specifically talking about. I do think that it's an underrated major/career path and undervalued in society though

you can do online for free through Pinterest, YouTube and Instagram. You can pay for online classes from artists that would be way cheaper than going to school.

you can do online for free through Pinterest, YouTube and Instagram. You can pay for online classes from artists that would be way cheaper than going to school.

When you say learn at home do you mean 100% self taught or just not sitting in a physical classroom because those are 2 totally different things. You can take online classes for damn near anything but it's still a class that you have to pay for and take. That's not "learning at home" that's still learning from school

I have a cousin who got a undergrad and grad degree in arts…couldn’t get a job. With what he went through I wouldn’t recommend getting a degree in art, get it in something practical and do art on your own time

I love art and no…

Ehh...school can help develop your appreciation and analysis.

But to be an artist, no you don't need school.

Back