Welcome To aBlackWeb

Did Streaming Kill Television?

From a viewer side of it. It was all the reality shows that made me stop watching. Can't even remember the last network show I watched on a regular basis. Shit I don't even watch local news anymore, unless it's somebody I personally know on there. I just read the online newspaper if I want to know local info.

I mean cant he still do some version of what he's talking about with the streaming market?

We've seen a few series' start on one streaming service and after a while it's on some of the other ones.. kinda like he was mentioning market by market. What im not sure is if the actors in those shows get a check when a show is licensed to another service. Guess it all depends on whatever contract they sign.

Sounds like he want that residual money

Yes, if you look at network TV now they all show the same content, For CBS and NBC it's either going to be Police drama, Fire Dept drama, or Hospital drama. For ABC its going to be Police drama, Fire Dept drama and the Bachelor shows. Fox game shows and idiot TV

IF sports pullout of network TV those stations will crumble. NFL is keeping Fox/ABC/CBS and NBC alive

Funny enough some went to streaming for no commercials and ended up paying more because streaming added commercials
This why I have not renewed Amazon prime. First it was the addition of commercials. I then realized I wasn't shopping on Amazon at all. Easy decision. I would have kept it for Prime video if they didn't add commercials.

Funny enough some went to streaming for no commercials and ended up paying more because streaming added commercials
Spoke about this in another thread.
It's like technology is taking us backwards in time.

Like tv went from cable providers making us watch commercials to pvr then to streaming to get away from cable providers only to lead us back to ads in everything.

News went from state provided propaganda to network incentivized news to peer provided so we can now easily authenticate news and is now essentially going backwards.

Weird times we're in.

It's like they didn't even kill television they just hijacked it. Took us away from commercials, upped the prices then put the privilege behind another pay wall. Despicable shit.

Yes, if you look at network TV now they all show the same content, For CBS and NBC it's either going to be Police drama, Fire Dept drama, or Hospital drama. For ABC its going to be Police drama, Fire Dept drama and the Bachelor shows. Fox game shows and idiot TV

IF sports pullout of network TV those stations will crumble. NFL is keeping Fox/ABC/CBS and NBC alive

Funny enough was gonna say the only long running TV shows that I watch (or record to watch at a later date) is cheesy stuff like Chicago Fire, Chicago PD and Seal Team when that was on...

NCIS LA with LL was cool for a few years but stopped watching that years ago... Not sure if its even still on...

He's speaking from an actors pov.

It's dead for what he's talking about cause the general consumer values the convenience of streaming. There's nothing convenient about the old model. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Yeah waiting a week to see the next episode is long...

Then again I feel like some streaming networks are going more and more down this route anyways, so you dont binge and cancel your subscription...

I feel like it will be the standard for all streaming shows soon...

The most watched series on streaming services are old shows with a lot of seasons and a lot of episodes…yet none of them are making shows like that.

The most watched series on streaming services are old shows with a lot of seasons and a lot of episodes…yet none of them are making shows like that.
Now that they know we're okay with waiting 8 episodes every other year it's gg.

Lol I had to get a tv tracker app

Schitts Creek S4e1
Abbott Elementary S2 E12
Murders in the Building S1 e5
Under the Banner of Heaven S1
Winning Time S2
Hotel Cocaine S1
Bad Monkey S1
True Detective S4
Animal Control S1
Yellowjackets S2
The Afterparty S2
Lucky Hank S1
Fargo S5
Mandy S1
The Great S2
Fargo S4 start of epv4
Three Pines S1
Kevin Can Fuck Himself S2
Goliath S4
The Goldbergs S10
Human Resources S1
1883 S1
Outter Range S1
The Old Man S1
Loki S1
The Flight Attendant S1e6
Them S1
Black Summer S2
Sabrina Teenage Witch S1
_ _ _ _ ____________________

Moonbase 8 S1
Tin Star S2
No Mans Land S1
WandaVision S1
Space Force S1-S2
Umbrella Academy S1-S2
The Hunters S1
The Shield S1-S7
Mr. Pennyworth S1-S3
The Mandalorian S2
Mr. Inbetween S1-S2
Little Fires Everywhere S1
High Town S1
Devs S1
Lovecraft country S1
The Haunting of Hill House S1
The Haunting of Bly Manor S1
68 Whiskey S1
Truth Be Told S1
The Morning Show S1-S2
Trust S1
The Spy S1
The Sinner S2-S3
Ratchet S1
Close Enough S1
Mare of Easttown S1
The Outsider S1
Perry Mason S1
One Dollar S1
Dispatches from Elsewhere S1
The Counterpart S2
The Handmaid's Tale S4
Master of none S3
Ted Lasso S2
Heels S1
American Rust S1
What we do in the Shadows all seasons
Y: The Last Man S1
Acapulco S1-S2
Succession S3
Invasion S1
Marvel's Hawkeye S1
The Book of Boba Fett S1
The Andor S1
Suspicion S1
Severance S1
Wolf Like Me S1
Mandy S1-S2
From S1
The Dropout S1
Super Pumped S1
Welcome to Flatch S1
Law and Order S25
The Politician S2
Russian Doll S2
Moon Knight S1
Our Flag Means Death S1
The Baby S1
The Pentaverate S1
Joe Pickett S1
Rutherford Falls S2
5 day (katrina)
Sherman's Showcase S1
Welcome to Wexham S1
Little demon S1
Atlanta S4
Blockbuster S1
Big Mouth S6,S7
Yellowstone S5
Mosquito Coast S2
1923 S1
Wednesday Addams S1
Russian Doll S2
Leopard Skin S1
A Spy Amoung Friends S1
Murderville S1
Kalistscope S1
Hunters S2
Jack Ryan S3
Rabbit Hole S1
The Last of Us S1
Dave S3
High Desert S1
White house plumbers S1
Class of 09
Human Resources S2
The Idol S1
Platonic S1
Dark Winds S2
Physical S3
Reservation Dogs S3
The Righteous Gemstones S2
Special ops Lioness S1
Walking Dead City S1
Pain killer S1
The Other Black Girl S1
Swarm S1
The Morning Show S
Jack Ryan S3
Murder at the End of the World S1
Lessons in chemistry S1
Hi Jack S1
Dr Death S2
Ted S1
Curb Your Enthusiasm S12
Vince Staples S1
Genuis MLK and X S
Sugar S1
Royal Palm S1
Parish S1
The Sympathizer S1
A Man in Full S1
Clipped S1
The Boys S4
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel S5
Tires S1
How to Die Alone S1
Fight Night S1
Empermor of Ocean Park S1

The top few above the line are ones im currently.

The bottom bunch, i have yet to start

Back