Welcome To aBlackWeb

Depression is real, check on your people!!

I came in here to say that there aren't really many people left - even among black men who grew up in a certain place - who don't take mental health seriously and don't take checking on their people seriously...

...but that's not true. So I'll only speak for me: I check up on all my people. A random 'What up? You good over there? Shit cool with you and whoever? You need anything? Aight bet.' text goes a long way.

Last edited:
I came intoner to say that there aren't really many people left - even among black men who grew up in a certain place - who don't take mental health seriously and don't take checking on their people seriously...

...but that's not true. So I'll only speak for me: I check up on all my people. A random 'What up? You good over there? Shit cool with you and whoever? You need anything? Aight bet.' text goes a long way.
Good

I was diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder and Generalized Anxiety Disorder by my therapist some months ago. He's pretty confident that I can get back to being stable, but it may mean a major change in my environment. Prolly gonna end up moving back to Tha D in the next month or so just to get my head right.

I couldn’t stop watching this clip. I don’t want to elaborate too much but that shit he said about being a dead person living

yep, that's dead-ass what it's like. I lose track of time in my own thoughts a lot. Shit feels like a bad dream that you can't wake up from, and you're not even sure i it's a dream or reality, so you can't wake 'cause it's not clear what state of being you're in.

Good thread. I don't think a lot of us realize how much trauma we've experienced on a base level. We see the big shit everyday, but what about all those little things that we push past just to survive as a people in this country.

That shit can manifest itself in various forms especially depression. A lotta times you don't even recognize it right away, you just feel off.

I came in here to say that there aren't really many people left - even among black men who grew up in a certain place - who don't take mental health seriously and don't take checking on their people seriously...

yea...i always send a what up text.
if i dont check up on you ...you dont need to be in my phone.

I was diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder and Generalized Anxiety Disorder by my therapist some months ago. He's pretty confident that I can get back to being stable, but it may mean a major change in my environment. Prolly gonna end up moving back to Tha D in the next month or so just to get my head right.
Praying for ya g

Indulge yourself in whatever makes you happy whatever that may be

has long has it doesn’t have a negative effect on your health or the health of the people around you

Back