Welcome To aBlackWeb

Dear ABW: One of my coworkers was diagnosed with coronavirus, but the office was not cleaned. Can I be fired for refusing to go in?

DOS_patos

Unverified Legion of Trill member
What y'all think?
Talk to em.

One of my coworkers was diagnosed with the coronavirus; she is a medical assistant at our dermatology office. We believe she got it from another coworker. No one wants to go in because the place has not been professional disinfected or cleaned.

The owner is also seeing patients that are from Lakewood, N.J., one of the hot spots for the virus, and they are not using any precautions. They are, in my opinion, making it worse and spreading it. I refuse to go into the office. Could I be fired?

I do not feel safe going back.

Staying Home

fucking report that shit to the media so that they can shame your trash ass company that you work for. Also I'm sure OSHA would love to hear about that so let them know too

and if you get let go after this I am willing to bet there will be Lawyers willing to take this case also. You got options. And yes stay at home. Dont risk your safety just to help your CEO keep his millions

Don't go to work.

And call the local legal help hotline and look for a lawyer. Then sue them for $10M and settle out of court for $500,000.00

Even if you didn't catch the virus they still put your life in danger

If someone dies because their boss forced them to work, can they be prosecuted?

I'm not sure if they can be criminally prosecuted, but certainly you can file a civil suit.

Also, it might depend on the industry. If you work in a hospital or a supermarket maybe they can give you an ultimatum; work or find another job.

But if it's a nonessential industry like an Ice Cream parlor or a jewelry store it would seem that refusing to go to work is reasonable.

This seems strange. It seems like the local authorities and health department would REQUIRE professional sanitization before re-opening, if an employee already caught the shit.

But as far as advice, fuck that. I wouldn't go in either. And I'd tell him that' I'm gonna have to report this to the Health Department unless you make sure the place is professionally cleaned before requiring us to return to work. The easiest and safest and cheapest thing for ALL OF US is for you to just get the office disinfected.'

Last edited:
I'm not sure if they can be criminally prosecuted, but certainly you can file a civil suit.

Also, it might depend on the industry. If you work in a hospital or a supermarket maybe they can give you an ultimatum; work or find another job.

But if it's a nonessential industry like an Ice Cream parlor or a jewelry store it would seem that refusing to go to work is reasonable.
A good lawyer could probably get it to premeditated murder or attempted if you only got sick.

You'd prolly also have to be a health risk, such as being over 40 and having an underlying condition.

Just tell the lawyer the boss knew all of that and didnt give af

Lol @ debating going in.

There is no debate. My health>>>>>>job. Report their azzz. Sue their azzz.

Back