Welcome To aBlackWeb

HBO DC's Superman: Red Son

it's fucking crazy, just like they said this was one of the best stand alone superman stories ever written, this might have been the best animated superman story thus far...shit was a dope ass superman story....like u really got to see how he thinks and how he is most vulnerable...

superman is written as invincible. he's supposed to be invincible. like the whole concept from a philosophical standpoint is that he is invincible, but his weakness is his humanity. some stories lose track of that and try to push his limits...red son always eliminated that from the jump... this is how you really beat superman...convince him he is the danger to humanity....tel a story where superman sees and understands that he is acautly the villian and should remove himself from the equations.....

the comic told that story perfectly.....

the animated movie told that story perfectly....

which more than likely means it could have been the best superman movie if they had made this first instead of letting the animated team get it first and all the other shit they ran with instead...shit even supergirl did a version of red Son

like it's crazy, the movies seem confused, but the animated movies just keep hitting us with all the major comic book storylines like it's nothing...

the dark knight returns
flashpoint
hush
red son
killing joke

like these shitis is lay ups..

even the batman vs tmnt was damn near right off the pages....

and they all were good as shit...like how do you see a wining forma....pick it up, read it.. future it then when u don't make the money u wanted..do the exact same thing again..

only reason arrow verse could do a infinite crisis, cuz the've sepnt a shit load of time developing hella characters using blueprints right from the pages

my rant is done, but first watch

10/10.... have no complaints that shit was great.. i was having a bad day, but this shit definitely made it better

it's fucking crazy, just like they said this was one of the best stand alone superman stories ever written, this might have been the best animated superman story thus far...shit was a dope ass superman story....like u really got to see how he thinks and how he is most vulnerable...

superman is written as invincible. he's supposed to be invincible. like the whole concept from a philosophical standpoint is that he is invincible, but his weakness is his humanity. some stories lose track of that and try to push his limits...red son always eliminated that from the jump... this is how you really beat superman...convince him he is the danger to humanity....tel a story where superman sees and understands that he is acautly the villian and should remove himself from the equations.....

the comic told that story perfectly.....

the animated movie told that story perfectly....

which more than likely means it could have been the best superman movie if they had made this first instead of letting the animated team get it first and all the other shit they ran with instead...shit even supergirl did a version of red Son

like it's crazy, the movies seem confused, but the animated movies just keep hitting us with all the major comic book storylines like it's nothing...

the dark knight returns
flashpoint
hush
red son
killing joke

like these shitis is lay ups..

even the batman vs tmnt was damn near right off the pages....

and they all were good as shit...like how do you see a wining forma....pick it up, read it.. future it then when u don't make the money u wanted..do the exact same thing again..

only reason arrow verse could do a infinite crisis, cuz the've sepnt a shit load of time developing hella characters using blueprints right from the pages

my rant is done, but first watch

10/10.... have no complaints that shit was great.. i was having a bad day, but this shit definitely made it better
Great analogy and review of this. Like you said the comic was perfect. He animated movie was perfect! Why can’t y’all be DCEU be this????? Fucking standing ovation son! I’m running this back and watching again right now.

Watched some reviews and some people didn't like it because they changed the ending from how the comic plays out.

Have yet to watch or read but I'll check for it

People always mad when they change the ending.

They changed the ending of hush too, but the shit was still dumb good.

I really think they do that to throw know it all fans off.... But both endings were still good.

Changing to surprise ending to catch fans off guard >>>>>> studio changes cuz they don't have faith in source material

Pretty much the same. They just show how Luthor saves the world under one government. Cures all diseases, lives to be a thousand. Clark shows up like in the movie.

Then it fast forwarded like billions years in the future till when the sun turned red.... At that point the Luthor family just goes by L and it's essentially the Superman origin... With Luthor descendant jor-L sending his baby away from the collapsing sun

Pretty much the same. They just show how Luthor saves the world under one government. Cures all diseases, lives to be a thousand. Clark shows up like in the movie.

Then it fast forwarded like billions years in the future till when the sun turned red.... At that point the Luthor family just goes by L and it's essentially the Superman origin... With Luthor descendant jor-L sending his baby away from the collapsing sun

Damn that's actually pretty dope!

Wonder why they didn't put it in the film

DC Animation been on point for years I don't understand why WB can't pull it together with the DC live action movies. I never read Red Son but the movie was dope as hell.

Back