Welcome To aBlackWeb

Dame Dash Says He's a "Proud Broke man"

Maybe this is why he wants to get back cool with Jay-Z

When the topic of child support came up, Dash appeared as though he wasn't interested in discussing it, then shared why he's struggled to pay it in the past.

“While I’m investing in something else, I might not be making the money and the profit, so I can’t afford to pay out what I was when I was having EBITA [earnings before interest, taxes, and amortization] of $8 million a year,” he said around the 11:40 point of the interview above. "So you can’t judge how much I’m gonna pay out by how much I made 20 years ago.”

The 52-year-old said that in recent years he's been forced to "start [a] new company from scratch without any money to start it with," which was further complicated by "the recession" and the COVID-19 pandemic.

"I had to do it [by] rubbing two sticks together. So I can’t pay out three or four hundred thousand a year in child support, ‘cause I ain’t making that," he continued. "But I’m not ashamed of that because I have things to show for it, but it hasn’t profited yet. I’m like a proud broke—but it ain’t broke, because I have things to show for it.”

Lol fam trying to get that cs reduced by any means necessary

We gonna act we just didn’t see Tristan Thompson s baby moms take him to court recently stating that I don’t care if his income will significantly decrease due to him not being in the league , my CS payments will not be changing

:js4: ....instead of shitting on Envy for having a boss. Should've hop on that ponzi scheme.

Yo maybe that's what motivated envy to get into real estate...he wanted to "own" something to pass to his kids.

Can't pass those iheart checks once you're no longer working there... Dame put envy on the path to his villain arc, it all makes sense! 😆

Last edited:
Jay like 3 or 4 years older ... But looks younger than Dame ... I always assumed he (Dame) was the older guy

Back