Could america thrive with a communist Gov't?

In theory, yes...But realistically, no...Doubt it could ever be implemented without deadly force....

Reactions: deadeye
Yea. But it wont.

Americas success is based on the power of its military. When you have multiple bases on every country and you can wipe any other country off the face of the map, and then you are powerful enough where other countries feel like they owe you because they will get destroyed if you dont have their back, you can literally be successful with any system.

• Ether
Reactions: DOS_patos
Yea. But it wont.

Americas success is based on the power of its military. When you have multiple bases on every country and you can wipe any other country off the face of the map, and then you are powerful enough where other countries feel like they owe you because they will get destroyed if you dont have their back, you can literally be successful with any system.

Facts. I feel like losing a organized war is the only way to humble the military industrial complex. But the countries that can compete are allies

Reactions: AZTG
Facts. I feel like losing a organized war is the only way to humble the military industrial complex. But the countries that can compete are allies

And the majority of those allies can only get away with not spending more on their military because they know the US will protect them, and so, they end up being little brothers.

Take the scandavanian countries that have great economies and are the happiest places to live for example. If it wasnt for America playing big brother to them, Sweden would spend all its resources fighting Denmark and Norway, and then get destroyed by Russia. Since they know that, they all buy in and work to make sure the US remains the strongest country with the biggest economy.

So yea, the success of the US has less to do with capatalism and the cold war was nothing but a war of influence with Russia. Had nothing to really do with different ideologies.

Reactions: SeaSnake
Can we get a definition of communism?

What are some of the main principles of communism?

All I know is we're taught that communism is the "enemy" of the US but I've never heard a definition of it.

Does anyone who says yes personally know anyone who lived under communism at any point in their lives?

I would say no.

Because the biggest countries that embraced communism..........Russia and China............are no longer purely communist countries.

If you want an idea of what a communist country looks like, I think Cuba and Venezuela would be the closest.