Welcome To aBlackWeb

Cops shoot security guard that just subdued a attempted mass shooter

The Lonious Monk

Celestial Souljah
I know we see these every week it seems, but this one is just...wow.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/11/bl...shooter-bar-gets-gunned-cop-mistook-criminal/

Security guard was armed and engaged the shooter. The guard managed to wound the shooter, and instead of just killing him like the cops probably would have done, he subdued the shooter and waited til help arrived. The cops came to "help" and shot and killed the security guard because they "thought he was the suspect" even though the witnesses in the area admit that they were all yelling to the cops that the black man was the security guard not the shooter.

This shit is beyond ridiculous now. The fact that something drastic isn't being done at this point says a lot.

so my wife and i talked about what if something happened in front of me ...would i help.

i told her no ....not gonna tell the story why...but people tend to think im the trouble maker and come after me.

so my wife and i talked about what if something happened in front of me ...would i help.

i told her no ....not gonna tell the story why...but people tend to think im the trouble maker and come after me.

I'm the same way. I've had cops come at me with guns drawn on several occasions when I was just a bystander or passerby to some shit that happened.

All you need to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. Unless, that good guy with a gun is black, and then you need some bad guys with guns that are supposed to be good with guns to kill the good guy with a gun because...Amerikkka.
sounds like something i would say.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/...r-shot-illinois-security-guard-jemel-roberson

Lawsuit: Cop Fatally Shot Armed Illinois Guard Wearing ‘Security’ Hat

CHICAGO (AP) — A police officer fatally shot an armed security guard who was wearing a hat with “security” emblazoned across the front and holding a man down following a shooting inside the suburban Chicago bar where the guard worked, says an attorney for the guard’s family who filed a federal lawsuit.

Jemel Roberson, 26, was pronounced dead shortly after being taken to a hospital early Sunday following the shooting at Manny’s Blue Room in Robbins, just south of Chicago. Four other people were shot and wounded, including a man who authorities believe fired a gun before officers arrived, Cook County sheriff’s spokeswoman Sophia Ansari said.

When police arrived at the scene, Roberson was holding “somebody on the ground with his knee in his back, with his gun in his back,” witness Adam Harris told WGN-TV.

“Everybody is screaming out, ‘He’s a security guard,'” Harris said.

Roberson, a father of a 9-month-old boy, was licensed to carry a firearm, Ansari said.

Charges were pending against the man who investigators believe fired the initial shots during a dispute. His name has yet to be released, and he remained hospitalized Monday, Ansari said.

Investigators said the initial gunfire was reported around 4 a.m. Sunday. An officer responding from nearby Midlothian encountered and shot “a subject with a gun,” Midlothian Police Chief Daniel Delaney said in a statement. The person was later identified as Roberson.

No details have been released about the officer. Roberson, who was black, was the only person killed. The other four people who were shot suffered wounds that weren’t considered life-threatening, Ansari said.

Attorney Gregory Kulis filed a civil rights lawsuit seeking more than $1 million on behalf of Roberson’s mother, Beatrice Roberson. He said Jemel Roberson was dressed in black but wearing a hat with the word “security” when he was shot.

Kulis also echoed witness reports that Roberson was holding down another man outside the bar when the officer arrived and shot him.

The Rev. Marvin Hunter said Roberson was “an upstanding young man” and a promising keyboard player at his and several other area churches.

Roberson was trying to “get enough money together for a deposit on a new apartment,” said Hunter, the great-uncle of Laquan McDonald, a black teenager fatally shot by a white Chicago police officer in a high-profile 2014 case.

Roberson also had hopes of someday becoming a police officer, according to his son’s mother.

“This was going to be my baby’s first Christmas with his dad and now he’s going to miss out on everything,” said Avontea Boose.

Illinois State Police are handling the investigation into Roberson’s shooting. The agency said it would not comment on the investigation until it is completed.

he was wearing a security shirt and a bulletproof vest. I dont know what else he couldve done to avoid being shot. My next question tho is did he still have his gun drawn when the cops pulled up? My brother does security and he says that's not typical protocol. cops arrive, security's work is done. Then again, did he have time to drop his weapon or was he instructed to or did this cop walk up and just start shootin?

he was wearing a security shirt and a bulletproof vest. I dont know what else he couldve done to avoid being shot. My next question tho is did he still have his gun drawn when the cops pulled up? My brother does security and he says that's not typical protocol. cops arrive, security's work is done. Then again, did he have time to drop his weapon or was he instructed to or did this cop walk up and just start shootin?

They dont ask questions or properly assess shit when it comes to us

All they saw was a black man with gun...

They didnt ask questions when they killed Tamir...that cracker cop just pulled up and started dumping....if he would have just said anything he would have recognized immediately that Tamir was a child...

And this...

So EVERYBODY there is telling you this man security AND ge has a fucking hat on that says security...and you still just pull up and start dumping

Local LEO need the same training and evaluations the Fed LEOs get.

This lack of following protocol and basic fucking training coupled with what seems like complete immunity to kill at fucking will is rediculous Im sick of seeing stories like this...

Now the media is about to pull up all kinds of shit on homie they shot

My brother bout to go from a hero to suspect villain...

They finna find the most niggerish photo they can and let that be the image...

While they posting the motherfucker who just shot up that bar in Cali in his fucking Marine Charlies smiling...

be white

He shouldve bleached his skin before going into work that day...

I think they said he had his gun out and on the shooter in an effort to keep him subdued. Protocol or not, mass shooters don't usually subdue people and hold them til the cops arrive. All that's moot though. The cops shot the guy why they were being told by a room full of people that he wasn't the problem.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...shooting-death-robbins-midlothian/1990496002/

Police chief praises security guard killed by his cop: 'Jemel Roberson was a brave man'

ROBBINS, Ill. – Police in suburban Chicago on Tuesday called the controversial shooting death of a black security guard by a police officer a “tragic incident,” and praised the guard for exhibiting bravery for subduing a suspect moments before the officer fired on him.

Jemel Roberson, 26, had apprehended a man who allegedly fired a gun inside a Robbins, Illinois, bar early Sunday when he was gunned down by a police officer responding from neighboring Midlothian.

Roberson had been awaiting police help when he was shot multiple times by the officer. He was wearing a hat emblazoned with the word "Security" when he was shot, said attorney Gregory Kulis, an attorney for Roberson's mother.

“What we have learned is Jemel Roberson was a brave man who was doing his best to end an active shooter situation at Manny’s Blue Room,” Midlothian Police Chief Daniel Delaney said in a statement.

“The Midlothian Police Department is completely saddened by this tragic incident and we give our heartfelt condolences to Jemel, his family and his friends. There are no words that can be expressed as to the sorrow his family is dealing with.”

Roberson, who was armed, had apprehended the suspect outside the bar and had him pinned to the ground when the officer arrived. Witnesses say they shouted at the officer that Roberson was a security guard.

The Illinois State Police Public Integrity Task Force is investigating the officer-involved shooting. The agency said in a statement late Tuesday that witnesses they've interviewed also heard the officer give Roberson "multiple verbal commands to drop the gun and get on the ground before ultimately discharging his weapon and striking the subject."

The agency added that Roberson was wearing plain black clothing "with no markings readily identifying him as a security guard."

Police have not released the name of the officer, who was placed on administrative leave following the shooting.

The incident has drawn national headlines, outrage and questions about whether race factored into the officer’s decision to open fire. Roberson was black. The officer is white.

In an initial statement on the incident, Delaney referred to Roberson as "a subject with a gun."

Delaney said Tuesday there were "conflicting reports" immediately following the shooting about whether Roberson was the suspect or a security guard.

"Since, we have learned that the subject our officer shot was in fact security guard, Jemel Roberson," he said.

The Cook County Sheriff's Office is investigating the shooting inside the bar.

The suspect had not been charged as of Tuesday night.

Authorities say Roberson was working at the bar when a dispute broke out among several men. The incident escalated when one of the men opened fire inside the bar.

Illinois State Police Sgt. Jacqueline Cepeda said there is no timeline for completing the investigation of the police shooting. She declined to say whether the officer was wearing a body camera or if the incident was captured by any other video surveillance.

Cepeda said the task force will present its findings to the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office prosecution bureau, which will determine whether the shooting was legally justified or if charges against the officer are merited.

The mother of Roberson has filed a federal lawsuit against Midlothian and the officer – identified only as John Doe – seeking more than $1 million in damages.

She called the officer’s action “unprovoked” and an “excessive and unreasonable” use of force.

Roberson suffered multiple gunshot wounds, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner’s Office.

The incidents comes after former Chicago police officer Jason Van Dyke was found guilty by a jury of second-degree murder and aggravated battery last month for the 2014 shooting death of Laquan McDonald.

That controversial incident – police video showed McDonald was armed with a small knife but was walking away from police when Van Dyke fired 16 times at the black teen – spurred protest and political tumult in the nation's third-largest city.

The Rev. Michael Pfleger, a Chicago pastor and civil rights leader, said Tuesday the Midlothian officer "must face the same consequence as Van Dyke."

"He must be Indicted.....and White Society's "Fear of Black Men" must END!!!!" Pfleger posted on Twitter.

Robbins Mayor Tyrone Ward said it was crucial that there is a "clean and thorough" investigation. He also urged the community of 5,500 residents to remain patient while the state police conducts its investigation.

"I wish it had been one of our (officers) who came across the situation," Ward said. "They may have been more familiar with security (at the bar). That's my honest opinion."

George Brewton, 28, a Robbins resident, said that incident has shaken the community.

"We now need nothing more, nothing less than justice for Jemel," Brewton said.

Back