Welcome To aBlackWeb

Contractor horror stories.

DOS_patos

Unverified Legion of Trill member
In this thread we'll share our stories about shitty jobs or situations when dealing with contractors.

i know i am not the only one that has problems with finding a good contractor.

Last edited:
i recently had to have my basement redone.....so i go thru a bunch of contractors and decided on going with a black dude.
trying to help a brother get some money.

I dont like people being treated like workers...even tho they are working they are still human....so i buy lunch, cut the air on so they wont be hot....and allow them them to come in the front door.

see heres the problem.....they tried to come in my front door without putting shit down on my carpet.....strike one.
but i gave them another shot.

job seemed to be going fine.....they putting up dry wall and all.
i come down to check the job...these niggas covered up one of my outlets and my handle to turn my outside hose on/off.

i tell them they gotta correct that and i get an attitude.

needless to say....that was their last day.
I had another guy come in to finish the job.

like how you gonna get mad you fucked up?

Had a contractor try to bribe my boss.

I was working in condo management at the time and this dude from a company hit my boss up, but I got the message first. He basically said that if we would make his company a preferred vendor for this one property that he would offer a "finder's fee" for job he got there.

I told my boss that dude was offering a kickback and he was dumb enough to do so via voicemail. I also said that if he was dumb enough to do that, he was probably doing other dumb stuff and would get caught, then probably rat on whoever he did business with.

My boss was pretty unethical but I think even that was too much for him lmao

This is why I be skeptical about going into the flipping homes.

A lot of these contractors are shady af.
alot of niggas be lying about this house flipping shit.

everybody cant be making money.
and as soon as they finished they sell the house?
:foh5:

nigga be full of shit.

I will be getting by General Contracting license later on this year so I dont have to pay contractors for the flips we currently do

We just bought a flip for our primary home and the person / contractor doing the flip lied and said that they would fix 3 items and they didn't do it.....they think shit was sweet because they thought we were emotionally attached to the house......but we are going to the court to file a compliant due to the three items not being fixed due to survivorship of the closing.....this allows us to place a lien on the next property they flip and that property can't be sold until the 3 items have been corrected.

Last edited:
I will be getting by General Contracting license later on this year so I dont have to pay contractors for the flips we currently do

We just bought a flip for our primary home and the person / contractor doing the flip lied and said that they would fix 3 items and they didn't do it.....they think shit was sweet because they thought we were emotionally attached to the house......but we are going to the court to file a compliant due to the three items not being fixed due to survivorship of the closing.....this allows us to place a lien on the next property they flip and that property can't be sold until the 3 items have been corrected.
Checkmate

i hate when people try to put you agaisnt logic...
then try to pull the we all black route like in my case.
if we all black then you should do the job right.....not cut corners yet expect full pay.

i hate when people try to put you agaisnt logic...
then try to pull the we all black route like in my case.
if we all black then you should do the job right.....not cut corners yet expect full pay.

Yeah that pissed my wife and I off. Luckily my wife is a real estate agent so we know our rights moreso than someone who is not. Documentation beats conversation when dealing with contractors / real estate transactions.

You should only deal with contractors that are licensed and bonded so you can sue them for damages if it gets to that point.

Yeah that pissed my wife and I off. Luckily my wife is a real estate agent so we know our rights moreso than someone who is not. Documentation beats conversation when dealing with contractors / real estate transactions.

You should only deal with contractors that are licensed and bonded so you can sue them for damages if it gets to that point.
i do....but it seems like niggas got lazy. i got them from a home depot thingy...so all they shit had to be in order...and i checked it after that.

im not going to go as far to say i hate dealing with black people...but it seems like niggas always trying to get over when you trying to help them out.

like you gotta treat them like shit just to let them know to not try it....im just not like that.
i let you bury yourself and then let you go. i waiting for the nigga to try to sue me.

shit, i had enough cases of niggas trynna sue.

its crazy that my wife always says to not just hire black, hire the right person....
shit like this makes her right

its crazy that my wife always says to not just hire black, hire the right person....
shit like this makes her right
I always thought this. But if im looking for someone and one of them happens to be black starting out, odds are i'd lean in their favor to give them a try first tho.

I always thought this. But if im looking for someone and one of them happens to be black starting out, odds are i'd lean in their favor to give them a try first tho.
exactly.....im trying to put money in his pocket.

maybe its me...but i would go outta my way to hook a fellow black person up.

exactly.....im trying to put money in his pocket.

maybe its me...but i would go outta my way to hook a fellow black person up.
I'd only do that if i knew the person ,because I've done that in the past and ended up not happy with the results in the end. Niggas act like they're doing YOU a favor by accepting your money, shit is wild.

Back