• Classic

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Goldie

Kobe With The Pivot
Site Owner
Is To Pimp A Butterfly a classic?

715VznOQyxL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

8/10. Essentially like a dope movie(Dunkrik) I see only once or twice but don't have the replay value or impact for me to consume fully. Probably only give 5 songs a listen throughout any given year.

I said when it came out people (including myself) weren’t gonna appreciate this album more until years down the road. It’s a classic.

Its not an album Im overly keen on or likely to reach for anytime soon but can appreciate its impact and how much other fans like it, so voted yes...

A great album with classic moments

But not a classic to me

It’s an important album for hip hop, sure

But good kid maad city overall may be the one true Kendrick classic album.

What constitutes a “classic” if not “classic moments”?

You consider it not a classic because it has some shit you skip?

Because I’ve made it known my disdain for the “this dick ain’t freeeeee!!” and majority of the Jazz/spoken word interludes.

But the songs I do like on there, I really like. And even tho I was lukewarm on it at first, I still had to recognize the cultural impact it had

What constitutes a “classic” if not “classic moments”?

You consider it not a classic because it has some shit you skip?

Because I’ve made it known my disdain for the “this dick ain’t freeeeee!!” and majority of the Jazz/spoken word interludes.

But the songs I do like on there, I really like. And even tho I was lukewarm on it at first, I still had to recognize the cultural impact it had

Classic moments can be isolated. Like the idea of having an interview with Pac. Hearing that for the first time is something I’d consider a classic moment on the album. Song wise, I’d say Wesley’s Theory, Alright, Blacker The Berry & Mortal Man, classic songs.

Everything else tho? Eh. I can understand the importance of a song like “i” and “u” but neither song to me is that great & I feel that way about a lot of songs like Momma and These Walls, You ain’t Gotta Lie and How Much Does a Dollar Cost. These songs make the album seem long-winded. Listening to the album from start to finish, for me, becomes a chore about a 3rd of the way into it.

Not imo but very close tbh. Only part of the album I didn't like was the second part of U. Great album that I must revisit some day to see how it stands after years passed

Back