Welcome To aBlackWeb

Inori

NAWF
Saw this on twitter and figured it might make for interesting discussion

Thoughts?

How are churches in yall communities reacting to the current situation?

We streaming services

And we can tithe and offer electronically

what happens with those tithes?

Do they deliver meals, essential goods to the elderly or those struggling in the community that cant risk going out with all of this going on?

what happens with those tithes?

Do they deliver meals, essential goods to the elderly or those struggling in the community that cant risk going out with all of this going on?

meets the needs of the church and community.. we do outreaches every month on a Sat where we go and take food, clothing to ppl who need it and bring the gospel along to preach to them..

meets the needs of the church and community.. we do outreaches every month on a Sat where we go and take food, clothing to ppl who need it and bring the gospel along to preach to them..

good shit. that's commendable.

Have yall had to increase those outreaches since all of this popped off?

How have yall found trying to hold services online since a lot of elderly folks aren't too computer savvy?

Not to say all church-goers are elderly but you know what I mean lol

good shit. that's commendable.

Have yall had to increase those outreaches since all of this popped off?

How have yall found trying to hold services online since a lot of elderly folks aren't too computer savvy?

Not to say all church-goers are elderly but you know what I mean lol

Going from 100 ppl in service to like 40 online, shows the huge decline but most of the old ppl are very FB savvy, at least the females are...

and because of covid-19, everything we do is on hold...

Going from 100 ppl in service to like 40 online, shows the huge decline but most of the old ppl are very FB savvy, at least the females are...

and because of covid-19, everything we do is on hold...

Funny you say that. My grandmoms got a tablet and be all on Facebook. Tuning into church services, sending messages etc.

Meanwhile my pops cant be bothered to really learn how to do all of that shit. Just aint his thing I guess lol

Funny you say that. My grandmoms got a tablet and be all on Facebook. Tuning into church services, sending messages etc.

Meanwhile my pops cant be bothered to really learn how to do all of that shit. Just aint his thing I guess lol

the old dudes only know how to fix crap... and one of them can never find his coffee

technology ain’t their thing lol

We are having online streaming services. The church has a food pantry and sending out food daily to those who need it.

My stepfather is now holding sermons online, streaming them via Youtube I think from the pulpit. Haven't had a moment to look just yet. They opened up a morning prayer line that anyone can call into as well. The church also set up a pantry out of the building and they're taking food and supply donations from local businesses and redistributing it to folks in need.

Back