OPINION Children Who Commit Serious Crimes

...and then what?

It's the Wild Wild West

gif-wild-wild-west-dancing.gif

Reactions: IP360
fact is, our leaders have taken advantage of the emotions around victims of crimes and fear of being the next victim to build up this monster.

and those who rally around prisons without thinking critically are just another pawn in their game.

its so easy to demonize ppl but we never ask why? and thats the problem.

we never ask why or what causes ppl to commit crimes or what led them to harm others we simply just wish to throw them away and thats OUR problem because the social ills of society that excerbate crime still exist.

you arent safer when someone gets locked up because the real issues are never talked about or confronted.

END OF STORY.

I think we should throw the whole prison system
away. thats what I think

its fundamentally corrupt and flawed
the current system yes but something has to take it's place. what do you propose is done to handle the culprits of serious crimes? in what setting will they be rehabilitated?

Reactions: IP360
Clearly Race doesn't wanna see anybody else's opinion lol she's been talkin to herself in the wrong thread for 20 mins.

The reason the prison system has been able to develop into this monster is lack of empathy fueled by the delusion of autonomy and fear.

The belief that we are fully autonomous beings in control of all of our actions, experiences and destinies creates a lack of empathy.

Collectively we don’t have a problem w/ a complex that doesn’t rehabilitate prisoners but further isolates them, because we think they deserve it.

right?

“You fully knew what you were doing when you made this mess, so take this punishment and this scarlet letter for the rest of your life.”

But human beings and what makes us tick and make the decisions we make is very complicated and not one size fits all.

Why people commit crimes is complicated and not one size fits all. People are VERY complicated.

Society paints the answer to what makes us and why we make our decisions as simple arithmetic, when it’s actually high level calculus.

But what's the solution?

It's easy for folks to say to get of something...but do everyone think about the effect it's gonna have when it's gone?

You get rid of the prison system...then what? Are you going to do with the actual criminals? How are you gonna police the crimes they commit. Same with getting rid of the police system. Who's gonna protect the peope?

Both sides has their corrupted issues. But they're both necessary to have in place to keep everything to going into total anarchy. Not a fan of the gov'ment...I trust people less. I trust people and their intentions when there's no laws, or some sorta order. Not the kind of law & order that muthafucca Trump is talkin about either.

But a system has to be put in place in order to keep shyt from going to hell. Do folks really think you get rid of the system, everything will be all good and peaceful? You got that much faith in humanity to do the right thing in a lawless society?

He prolly could have been freed long ago if that's all it took.

He didn't do it so he shouldn't have been in there in the first place. The fact they know he didn't do it and still not releasing him is bullshit.

lol that's Race's go to rebuttal when she has nothing else , "yall should read more".

lol that's Race's go to rebuttal when she has nothing else , "yall should read more".

because I hate debating ppls headass opinions that arent based on anything just based on “WELL THIS IS HOW I FEEL”

ok you can feel however you please but have you even researched your stances?

because I hate debating ppls headass opinions that arent based on anything just based on “WELL THIS IS HOW I FEEL”

Buuuuutt...you still haven't offered a solution.

What good is complaining about the issue if you're not offering ways to resolve it?

I agree that people should educate themselves more, however in this instance most of the responses I'm seeing are people asking you "we see the prison system is foul, but what's the other option?".

Reactions: IP360 and AP2.5