Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News Census shows white population shrinking

They'll just do what they've always done. Accept a new group into the fold of whiteness. My guess is white people will make a point of more openly embracing lighter skinned Hispanic people.

LLS you said this and I just read this article in the Washington Post
Opinion: I am Middle Eastern. Not White.

Filling out the 2020 Census launched me into a bit of an identity crisis. Under the “race or origin” question, I saw myself, a person of Egyptian descent, defined as “White” for the first time. The Census Bureau just released detailed reports on its race and ethnicity data. While this census showed a drop in the White population, those numbers might have been lower still if the census had been conducted more fairly.

I’ve never considered myself White or been viewed as White by anyone else, to my knowledge, so it felt misleading and dishonest to check that box. When it comes to surveys such as these, it’s rare to find an option for “Middle Eastern or North African,” or MENA, though it kind of delights me whenever I do. At least on most forms I have the option to choose “other.”

Not only was this advice discarded in the creation of the 2020 Census in the Trump administration, but Middle Easterners also were explicitly absorbed into the White category. “White” had never been defined in any previous census, but this time the form read, “WhitePrint [origin(s)], for example, German, Irish, English, Italian, Lebanese, Egyptian, etc.”

Their actions especially political, is all being done outta fear. That fear is making them more eradicate by the day. This is the shyt they feared the most. All the ones who tried everything in their power to keep this country from being diverse.

Them chickens are coming home to roost.

Filling out the 2020 Census launched me into a bit of an identity crisis. Under the “race or origin” question, I saw myself, a person of Egyptian descent, defined as “White” for the first time. The Census Bureau just released detailed reports on its race and ethnicity data. While this census showed a drop in the White population, those numbers might have been lower still if the census had been conducted more fairly.

I’ve never considered myself White or been viewed as White by anyone else, to my knowledge, so it felt misleading and dishonest to check that box. When it comes to surveys such as these, it’s rare to find an option for “Middle Eastern or North African,” or MENA, though it kind of delights me whenever I do. At least on most forms I have the option to choose “other.”

Not only was this advice discarded in the creation of the 2020 Census in the Trump administration, but Middle Easterners also were explicitly absorbed into the White category. “White” had never been defined in any previous census, but this time the form read, “WhitePrint [origin(s)], for example, German, Irish, English, Italian, Lebanese, Egyptian, etc.”

Well hell Middle Eastern like Latinos are ethnicities and can be white or black *shrugs*

Last edited:

Some of those people are white.

Well there are white latinos.... Geraldo, Ted Cruz, Sammy Sosa, etc

Yeah, but they aren't typically treated as pure whites the same way the Irish and Italians weren't at one point. Whiteness is a con meant to keep power in certain hands just like blackness is manufactured Boogeyman meant to give dumb whites something to blame for their problems while the people that created their problems keep profiting.

Yeah, but they aren't typically treated as pure whites the same way the Irish and Italians weren't at one point. Whiteness is a con meant to keep power in certain hands just like blackness is manufactured Boogeyman meant to give dumb whites something to blame for their problems while the people that created their problems keep profiting.
Good point, I was more so referring to their skin color, Christina Aguilera, Vanna White, Raquel Welch all are white latinos, lotta ppl wouldn't know of the latino ethnicity

SMFH!!

It's not about the fact that some of them are white. It's the fact that one of them can be black but on the census paperwork because of where they are from the only option is for them to choose white.
I said they can be black or white, but point noted because they lumped the group in fully with whites and ignored the black population, though I wonder how that effects blacks there as far as "labeling" is concerned

Back