Welcome To aBlackWeb

CBS Starting Black Sitcoms

I am happy to see a chance for more black shows, I just don't want them to disappear.

Remember the UPN/WB Network?

Exactly what I was thinking.

Shows like Girlfriends and Everybody Hates Chris pretty much carried those networks.........but once the networks merged those shows ended up getting cancelled and replaced with white programming.

Black Lightning is the only black show they've had since .

Last edited:
I think cbs viewership is down.

This might be a ploy to get them in a space where they haven't been but they gotta do better than these.

Damn, had to go that far back.

Yeah, it's definitely been a while.

ABC has a better record of black shows than CBS.

When you think about it, NBC is just as bad because they haven't had any black shows since The Cosby Show and A Different World.

I'm thinking CBS doesn't wanna get singled out for lack of diversity, so I guess they're trying to be proactive about it before they get put on blast.

Yeah, it's definitely been a while.

ABC has a better record of black shows than CBS.

When you think about it, NBC is just as bad because they haven't had any black shows since The Cosby Show and A Different World.

I'm thinking CBS doesn't wanna get singled out for lack of diversity, so I guess they're trying to be proactive about it before they get put on blast.
Lol

The Carmichael show was just cancelled lol

And they've had other black centric shows, they just don't stick for whatever reason

CBS was a pioneer for black shows with the Jeffersons & Good Times. Since then tho is been bad. Other than some shows that lasted maybe a season the most successful black show for them since the 70's was what? Cosby?

ABC has a decent track record & Blackish is probably as close to a good black family show we've gotten in this era.

NBC hasn't had a good black show since Fresh Prince.

CBS was a pioneer for black shows with the Jeffersons & Good Times. Since then tho is been bad. Other than some shows that lasted maybe a season the most successful black show for them since the 70's was what? Cosby?

ABC has a decent track record & Blackish is probably as close to a good black family show we've gotten in this era.

NBC hasn't had a good black show since Fresh Prince.

Bolded... the jerrod carmichael show was good imo.

Back