Welcome To aBlackWeb

Carmelo Anthony Sit Down Interview On First Take

It was a good interview for Melo. Melo can still be the 7th or 8th player off the bench with the right fit but he brings more controversy than your typical 8th player.

That makes it hard to bring him on a team. But with this interview some fan bases are gonna be more sympathetic towards him and ok with him on their team and for a front office him publicly saying that hes willing to take any role and come off the bench makes it easier to sign him cause if it doesnt work the blame will totally be on Melo since he owned it.

Not saying he gets picked up by a team off this but it was a desperation move that helps him way more than it hurts.

I always said we kind of set him up for failure and didnt really use him right imo

Melo doing the AI "why I gotta come off the pine" thing won't help him, but it's obvious he's being blackballed.

He's easily a 6th MOY contender if he wants to be.

Did this really deserve its own thread especially when nothing else is happening in the league right now?

What was the right way to use him?

I think we should've just started him for one...yeah PJ Tucker is the more important player but its a lot harder to get someone like Melo motivated and into the flow of the game vs PJ who can do him regardless, confidence goes a long way

It was similar to Kevin Martin in OKC, tried to turn someone into a sixth man when thats not their game

Also we brought him in with MCW and James Ennis which didnt work out either so it was easy to blame Melo....Ennis was actually ok but he was in over his head as a starter in that situation

Melo wasnt great by any means either but I just think it could've worked out a little better if we were more patient but I understand time wasnt a luxury we could afford to waste

...but he opted for the money wit the NYK instead of a possible ECF or title run.

Minus well head over to the Big 3. He'll flourish there.

Back