Welcome To aBlackWeb

Tom Hardy is a brilliant actor but Atleast half the films fam stars in are trash...he gets away with a lot of shitty accents aswell lol...even saw him play some sovjet detective rockin a Roger Moore James bond era Russian accent and shit.

Damn shame.

Tom Hardy is a brilliant actor but Atleast half the films fam stars in are trash...he gets away with a lot of shitty accents aswell lol...even saw him play some sovjet detective rockin a Roger Moore James bond era Russian accent and shit.

Damn shame.
I just watched this movie with hardy and Benedict Cumberbatch the other day. It was early in both their careers but the movie was called stuart in reverse or something like that.. hardy played a homeless man who meets cumberpatches character who's writing a book about stuart. Hardy killed his role though. Disabled crazy homeless man. Wasnt a bad movie. Little slow but a good watch. I agree though he has a ton or ehhhh films on his resume. The ones that are good are super good tho

Josh Trank's CAPONE is going and it felt like i was going with him

PRAISE: The last days of Al Capone are framed up by Director and Writer Josh Trank and when the film reflects on Capones past,hit me with a couple of nice visuals and actors including Tom Hardy as Capone,Linda Cardellini,Jack Lowden,Noel Fisher,Kyle MacLachlan and Matt Dillon giving it their all the movie is quite watchable
I thought the FBI pursuit of Capone even at his stage of deteriorating life was interesting.
I had hoped for more flashbacks of Capones life but....

PROBLEMS:What Trank offers is a graphic look of what someone experiences when they are dying,and not just flashes of it but lingering shots of bodily fluid and decay.
The make uo applied to Hardy was distracting like something out of the Dick Tracy movie.
Plus i couldnt understand what he was saying at times.
A plot thread that could have lead to something great goes nowhere.
One reveal made no sense as i thought about the set up of the reveal.
Trank showed so much promise with the film Chronicle but gave the world the lopsided and
lukewarm Fantastic Four
CAPONE is a mess....literally !!

Scale of 1-10 a 4

Back